Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 01:02 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, he is asking absurd questions, comparing paying income tax to armed robbery, which is not true in the slightest. I don't take people like that seriously

Are you incapable of working and earning your own money? If so, there are already State and federal programs that provide healthcare. They are called Medicare and (State) Medicaid.

If you ARE capable of working and earning your own money, then BY WHAT RIGHT do you demand a portion of what I earn in order to pay for healthcare when I have to pay for my healthcare as well as the healthcare of my family?

BY WHAT RIGHT do you demand a portion of what I earn to pay for your wants? Should I also be a slave, forced to work, earn then turn over a portion of my earnings so you can live in a nice house? After all... it isn't FAIR that I earn enough money to buy a nice house so you want a 5 bedroom, 8 bath home on 5 acres. You'll also need a Ventrac 4500 series tractor with all the attachments in order to maintain that acreage. While we're at it... since you WANT this house and it's in the country, you also want a car because public transportation all across rural areas simply isn't feasible.

For years and years people have gone without healthcare insurance, even when they had catastrophic events. They paid for what they could afford. Some died and some survived.

Should I be required to pay for your healthcare if you decide to jump out of an airplane and your parachute doesn't open? Should I be required to pay for your healthcare if you decide to ride a dirt bike and get seriously injured? Should I be required to pay for your healthcare if you decide to eat far more than you should because you aren't burning the calories you consume and therefore become overweight, diabetic and have heart disease? Should I be required to pay for your healthcare if you decide to smoke and get cancer? Should I be required to pay for your healthcare if you decide to ignore all the studies that say you should protect your skin from overexposure to the sun and you get skin cancer?

BY WHAT RIGHT do you make such demands of me and my earnings especially when I must pay for the same service if I want it for me and my family?

BY WHAT RIGHT do you seek to STEAL my earnings to pay for your wants?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Is this that stupid "taxes are theft" argument again?
I understood it. It was very well put and to the point.
Did you miss something we need to explain better?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
You're talking absurdities^
I thought it was on point and had little to counter.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thought it was on point and had little to counter.
Read my lips: Income tax is not theft

Old 01-15-2019, 03:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Absolutely false. That's a figment of your (and quite a few others', so it seems) imagination.
Well you can believe whatever you want but if you exercise one of your "rights" you believe you have and the government differs with you on that point, you will be invited to pay the penalty. Lots of people have said that the IRS does not have the right to tax them, and they're all in jail. So call it what you want, but in the end the only rights we really have are what the government grants us, and since our government is duly elected by us, those rights are really coming to you from your fellow citizens.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:38 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Read my lips: Income tax is not theft
Does taking without permission become something else if the robber has an IRS badge?

Old 01-15-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does taking without permission become something else if the robber has an IRS badge?
IRS Agents only come after tax dodgers, who are knowingly breaking the law, like Wesley Snipes and the late Irwin Schiff lol

Old 01-15-2019, 03:52 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
IRS Agents only come after tax dodgers, who are knowingly breaking the law, like Wesley Snipes and the late Irwin Schiff lol
answer the question

Old 01-15-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
answer the question
I'm not answering your question, because it's stupid and you know it. You're trying to set a logical trap which I'm not dumb enough to fall into; where I would dignify your statement that taxes are armed robbery; but I'm not taking the bait

Old 01-15-2019, 04:23 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
I'm not answering your question, because it's stupid and you know it. You're trying to set a logical trap which I'm not dumb enough to fall into; where I would dignify your statement that taxes are armed robbery; but I'm not taking the bait
Translation: I can’t fight back and will resort, as I often must, to an ad hominem reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies