Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 08:28 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm not dignifying this nonsense with a response^^^
^^^^^ Translation: Bent Bow has me backed into a corner argument wise and I don't like it .

Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
You eat too, don't act like they take all your money. Your income tax is probably less than 20% effective rate
What happens when they run out of other people fish? What happens when I cannot fish enough to feed me and you. When will you learn to fish? When I no longer have fish to take?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I'm not dignifying this nonsense with a response^^^
You just did!
LOL
Lack of self control, killed the cat.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermomma View Post
Health care was not a concept during the 1700's.

Just like automatic weapons that people claim are protected under the right to bear arms part.

Yes, there were fully automatic fire firearms in the 1700's and even the 1600's

Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Television, electronic communication devices, the internet, etc., were not around in the 1700s. Does that mean First Amendment rights don't apply to them?
Of the time, those things were called the courier.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:39 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
ok same with a wall... next

A WALL is not provided to you as a constitutional RIGHT it is a ****ing object!!! n

Education is not a RIGHT nor is healthcare of which is not a natural right to freedom of the individual.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hmmmm. With these questions of Rights, I can't help but think about the border crisis.

The leaders of countries to our Southern border have let their people down. There is greater crime and corruption then in most places in the US so these poor people that have nothing to lose but everything to gain carry what they can and break into America where they expect to receive all the Rights that are granted to citizens and Legal immigrants.

Do they have the Right to make demands on the law abiding? The Dems seem to think so.

They are wiling to give these immigration line jumpers, jobs, drivers licenses, health care, education for their kids and someday soon the Right to vote.

The only Right that criminals should have is the Right to remain silent when they are arrested.
Ya, before the 16th Amendment, that set up the Welfare State and eventually a Police State to enforce it. We didn't need a border marker, or Ellis Island.
We the People, meant anyone that could get here.
That all changed with a change in power from the people, to the governments with a boot on our throats now, by the 16th Amendment. You are now Property, where before you were a freeman.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:44 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You are going to have to get used to the public health care system that will come. You can pay for your good insurance and insurance for others as well. You already do with Medicaid. Trump will cause so many of his supporters to lose their subsidies that they will panic and give in to democrats plans.
I'm not a Trump supporter, and my income is too high to get a subsidy, but why do you believe the bolded claim? Because some pundit told you to think that? If you look at the NYT exit poll for the 2016 election, Trump won all of the income groups above 50k per year, and Hillary won both groups below 50k.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't think either healthcare or education are rights unless they are specifically defined and enshrined to be as such.

However, I believe that both should be provided to the populace for the benefit of the society of which we live.
Statutory rights, v. Natural rights.

One, you need me to acquire it.
The other, you provide yourself, and only another individual can try and stop you.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Note, that the "rights" as defined in the Bill of Rights were enshrined as a governing document and the founding fathers created a governing system where various other "rights" could be added/defined.

If we are going to be honest about rights we have to admit that they are up to interpretation.

In regards to healthcare in particular, I'd like to see us having a Medicare or Medicaid program for all citizens because it'd take the burden of healthcare off our private sector. It would also allow many people to become entrepreneurs/small business owners as many Americans decide not to go after entrepreneurial goals due to needing to have health insurance for their families. This would allow us to have a more robust economy IMO and it is always odd to me that more on the right do not buy into a Medicare for all program. More on the right are for their own reasons but this one is the main reason why I support it.

On education, most states do include in the constitutions that it is a "right" for children to be educated. I agree that college/university is for adults and so they should be on their own so to speak for their continuing education goals. But childhood education should be mandatory IMO starting really at age 3 for pre-k through high school.

Human rights, include everything you can do, without my help. Everything.
You don't need me to speak, protection, warmth, travel, locomotion, forage for food &water, or to take a crap, for you.

Ignorant people confuse the language "promote" to be defined as "provide", when talking governments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies