Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 05:29 PM

182 posts, read 197,537 times

Advertisements

So is this thread an admission that immigrants can and do succeed in America--even if they come from a so-called "****hole country"?

Old 06-11-2019, 05:47 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathedralhill1 View Post
So is this thread an admission that immigrants can and do succeed in America--even if they come from a so-called "****hole country"?
Inadvertently, that is just what happened. And I say "inadvertently" for this reason. This thread is basically a backhanded way of complaining about Black Americans. "Complimenting" someone to put someone else down. Normally, Asian Americans would be the "go to" minority for this purpose. Look up "model minority". However, since Nigerians are considered Black, some people will use Nigerians for the purpose of complaining about Black Americans.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:03 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I' sorry, but this made me bust out laughing, the above, bolded, sounds as if that was written maybe just a few years post 60's. My degree was attained in the field of business, one of my sisters majored in the sciences and my niece is an engineer. So many other women close to me, family and friends tend to gravitate toward your aforementioned fields. Not that there's anything less meaningful, if not more so in the latter fields, of which you appear to think have lesser value. One of my other sisters whom I highly respected worked in the educational field, she overcame great obstacles to obtain her degree and would have likely gone on to do many great things for the youth of this society had she lived longer than her 38 years.
Let's call it what it is. If you have to constantly prove someone wrong, that show's what you're dealing with. The whole point of this thread was to complain about Black Americans.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
You still act like Nigeria’s culture isn’t ancient as they have also been using iron tools for more than 2,000 years and had a trade network with Ancient Egypt and Nubia yet you rate Vietnam? I would say both are great but because you’ve been brainwashed by IQ “scientists” you believe such a thing couldn’t exist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl...ory_of_Nigeria

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nok_culture

https://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/peoples/show/Yoruba
Nope, no brainwashing. Thank you for that info.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Do three things, finish high school, work fulltime, and wait until you're 21 to get married and have kids. Do just those 3 things and one has a 75% chance of being middle class or higher and less than a 5% chance of being permanently poor.

I don't see whitey forcing blacks to have kids out of wedlock. I dont see whitey stopping blacks from working fulltime. The last time whitey stopped blacks from entering school was over 50 years ago and that was done by George Wallace the democrat who would have won that parties nomination for President in 1972 except he was shot 2/3 of the way through his campaign.

Nigeria has one of the lowest rates of living with neither biological parent in the region at 8.1% for children under 15. Moreover, it has one of the highest rates of children living in households with both biological parents compared to other western African countries.

https://bettercarenetwork.org/sites/...DHS%202013.pdf

Hope that helps you understand the truth.
The bold applies to everyone. Thanks for the education. Cheers.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
True but in what fields? In business, engineering, computers percentage wise more men earn those. Women are into social services, psychology, education, language.
Ok and? We all know far too many in American culture place less value on education and it shows. It may not pay as much but it is just as important as the other fields mentioned. Psychology...let’s not even go there with the number of nutcases running around.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 06-11-2019 at 08:33 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 08:37 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
You have no ties to slavery. None. Racism isn't a big issue. Abandoning children and living off of welfare is. A man that doesn't take care of his family can never be a man.
Slavery didn't make anyone do that. Your party that bought the poor and minority votes did that.
More highly foolish commentary. Who are you to claim that any Black American has no ties to slavery when their very names tell all? If they didn’t, the vast majority would still carry their African names from over 40 different ethnicities. Where are those names in American society outside of those who are recent Americans? The majority of Black Americans carry names that are the direct result of slavery. The ties to American slavery are obvious. Your comments indicate a serious lack of cultural and linguistic exposure. If that weren’t the case, you wouldn’t make such nonsensical comments.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I' sorry, but this made me bust out laughing, the above, bolded, sounds as if that was written maybe just a few years post 60's. My degree was attained in the field of business, one of my sisters majored in the sciences and my niece is an engineer. So many other women close to me, family and friends tend to gravitate toward your aforementioned fields. Not that there's anything less meaningful, if not more so in the latter fields, of which you appear to think have lesser value. One of my other sisters whom I highly respected worked in the educational field, she overcame great obstacles to obtain her degree and would have likely gone on to do many great things for the youth of this society had she lived longer than her 38 years.
I' sorry, but this made me bust out laughing, the above, bolded, sounds as if that was written by someone lacking knowledge by thinking it's about themselves or someone I know. It's about the facts. They not teach YOU that?

article from August 7, 2017 (btw that's ~2 years ago vs ~50 years ago)
Women are into
social services 82% female
psychology 77% female
education 80% female
language 69% female

Table of the day: Bachelor's degrees by field and gender for the Class of 2015 - AEI

on top of that
"Male psychology graduates are more likely to be psychologists and managers; female psychology graduates are more likely to be social workers and counselors. Male sociology graduates tend to become managers and lawyers, whereas common careers for female sociology graduates are, again, social workers and counselors."

And though women make up almost 60 percent of undergraduate students on campuses nationwide, they are also 36 percent likelier not to be working after graduation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...ality-college/

It's about value and not about a degree. A degree can bring value (and debt). Do we need to get into a discussion about the plethora of individuals who graduate and can't get a job?

Working full time and raising a child is extremely hard for a single parent. Add going to school to that?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
The bold applies to everyone. Thanks for the education. Cheers.
No matter which group someone is from, children from single parent families will earn less money, be less educated, and have a much, much higher rate of criminality. Taking money to not work and not raise ones children is a culture of being human and being enabled by the "benevolent" hand of government.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
More highly foolish commentary. Who are you to claim that any Black American has no ties to slavery when their very names tell all?
Because it happened generations and generations ago. Get rid of your crutch.

Quote:
If they didn’t, the vast majority would still carry their African names from over 40 different ethnicities. Where are those names in American society outside of those who are recent Americans? The majority of Black Americans carry names that are the direct result of slavery. The ties to American slavery are obvious.
Actions define you not because your name isn't African. lol What an absurd comment.

Quote:
Your comments indicate a serious lack of cultural and linguistic exposure. If that weren’t the case, you wouldn’t make such nonsensical comments.
Your comments indicate a serious lack of the truth while falsely playing the race card.
Explain to me why black UE was close to and sometimes less than White UE until the late 1920s? Why was the black participation rate higher than whites then? Are we more racist now?
Explain to me why the black poverty rate has barely moved since 2000? Are we more racist now?

So slavery has made blacks abandon their children? Over 70 percent of all black children are raised in single parent families. Granted that slavery took over 100 years to kick in since in 1965 the black single parent rate was ~30%.

Throw down your crutch and look in the mirror if you want to see why you, as an individual, are or are not making it. It's on you. Own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies