Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Well.. that might have something to do with the months after Obama won, most conservatives on the 10+ or so forums I visit, where calling him a N.lack man... several type of primate names.. and not to mention calling his wife a primate name for years...

Then it slowly died down, when they realized being called racists for 8 years where doing them any good.
Then they started to complain about his tan suit or mustard on a hot dog... Oh, and that he secretly hates white people, is a closet Gay Muslim and wannabe Communist Dictator.

I never noticed anybody calling his children names though.. so there must be some decency in those people.

Well, even Hitler was good to his mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 07:33 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
As the libs try to figure out Trump and are becoming increasingly deranged they prove the premise. The Trump base runs in the background untouched by the lamestream media and the imitation wonks in print media as well. The major failure of conservatism so far is our failure to put arch constitutionalists/patriots in the educational pipeline in the 60's when leftist nut cases were everywhere. They have now harvested a crop of witless snowflakes who are twisted in every way. Eco freaks and tree huggers who get a sense of worth from recycling, rather than understanding the brilliance of our founding fathers and the constitution. As the USA was setup to prosper with self sustaining capitalist citizens who don't need to rely on government, it's probably not going to end well.

Are we talking about Trump or conservatism? One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:47 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are we talking about Trump or conservatism? One has nothing to do with the other.
This is true. Unless conservatives have all changed their minds and decided that free markets, free trade, fiscal discipline, and maintaining longstanding alliances are for the birds.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Neither side's partisans understand the other partisans.

Whose side is God on, though? Knowing what she thinks is important, apparently!

Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Conservatives understand libs and the way they think.....reverse is not true

There is more than a kernel of truth to this... it's why fake hate crimes like Jussie Smollett's are so easy to spot.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wrong. I grew up in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church and my father is still a pastor. I grew up believing that America was a once a Christian nation and that we were greatest in the 1950s. Everything was perfect, just like an episode of "Leave it to Beaver." Then the hippie movement happened in the 1960s which destroyed America. I fully understand how Trump supporters think. They are willing and ready to subvert democracy if that's what it takes to get their "Christian nation." That's why Trump and the zeal of his supporters is so frightening to me.
Actually your experience blinded yourself to the fact there are many different types of conservatives and fundamental Christians are just one group. There are many different types of liberals too. Both groups try to label the other with the extremists within each group.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:00 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is probably the most bigoted and false piece of pap I’ve ever read on this site.
You mean I dont understand the liberal and how they think haha...Which is the point of the entire thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is probably the most bigoted and false piece of pap I’ve ever read on this site.
You are those people.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM

62,966 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
My experience has been that most true Americans hate him, whether they are Liberals or Conservatives, Democrats or Republicans. The people that love Trump are the ones who want to return America back to pre-revolutionairy times, you know, the stuff we left England and Europe for.

Trump himself will tell you that if you don't applaud him you are a traitor. If you don't agree with him, you should be jailed. I know a lot of "fine people on both sides". Very few of them support Trump, and I do believe that those who do, will one day realize they were tricked.
Your post should win a prize for posting one of the most falsehoods in here.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:05 AM

62,966 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
On C-D, I have never read a single post from a con or a Trumpist that gave any evidence that there was actual understanding of liberals. Far from it. It has always seemed that understanding liberals is not a goal; the fun part is just denegrating, labeling, and demonizing liberals. Its like a schoolyard bully; half the fun is calling out belittling names and getting away with it. It makes them feel more powerful.
Lol, they could never top the name calling of the liberals though. They have it down to an art. Do the labels, racist, bigot, hater, etc. ring a bell? Don't be a hypocrite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies