Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
For goodness sake, I just explained to you that there are a VARIETY of options of ID you can bring.

You don't need to have a bank account, there are other choices, for example a utility bill. You use utilities I take it? Or do you live in a hole in the ground?

I told you, go through the online guide:

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg...PermitNDID.cfm

You don't need ALL of the forms of ID just one or two from each category as per the instructions.

I'm repeating myself today, but:

This is P&OC, we don't let trivial things like facts interfere with a good rant! This your fist day here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 08:06 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Original or certified BC. Meaning you have to bring an official copy of some sort, not just a Xerox you made at your office.
No, I have an embossed original bc, thanks.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, I have an embossed original bc, thanks.
I was addressing your misstatement that you had to have your original BC.

Quote:
Where was that? I'm forced to present the same birth certificate that I did in 1986.

I still have it, good for me; but what about the probable (math) amount of people that cannot produce the "proof" needed? An original birth certificate? Really? Just to renew a valid license so you could fly within your own country?

This has to be legally addressed.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:13 AM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm

I had to do this last month. Was a bit of a pain, but not a massive one. You do not need your original BC

Note, this is not a NY only thing, this is a nationwide to be in compliance with legislation passed back in 2005

Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
I got my Read ID in Nevada in 2017. I brought my passport, certified copy of a birth certificate, and a few things showing my address and they didn't even look at some of it.

It's not that big of a deal and not that hard to get.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:47 AM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's everywhere. This is simply George W. Bush's policies coming to maturity. After 9/11 when Homeland Security and the TSA were created, very few protested because they were scared and wanted Washington to take care of them. That started the data collection, and is the reason you have to take your shoes off to fly. They have been checking social media accounts, cell phone contents, and walking people in front of x-ray machines for a while, now. This is just the latest in a long line of indignities.

It's only going to get worse as long as we allow it to. The terrorists won a long time ago, aided by the GOP.
The problem with America is that people like you only blame the opposite party while absolving your own party of any blame.

Look at your post. Both parties are making it worse and you pin it all on just the opposite party - because that is what your party leaders want. Sheep mentality. Are you truly ignorant of Democrats' hands in this? If so, you need to stop watching only partisan one sided news sources.

Candidate Obama opposed the Patriot Act. President Obama didn't.

Obama flip flopped on lots of privacy vs security issues.

https://consumercal.blogspot.com/200...reversals.html

Yet you pin it all on the opposite party.

Your party can do this to you, because they know you are a sheep and will bah the party line and blame only the opposite party refusing to hold them accountable.

Also if you think data collection started under GWB, then you are once again outside of the loop. The government had been collecting phone data for decades....both Bush Sr. and Clinton amped this up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tion/70808616/

Old 06-12-2019, 08:50 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,014 times
Just my thoughts, it's just another waste of time and money in my opinion.
My wife and I got our new driver's licenses before a trip last year and it did accelerate our times through lines at airports and such.
Fact is they don't do cavity searches (yet anyway) to fly and with knowledge you could create a "butt bomb" that they could not fund.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Yet, you posted.
I did, to let you know how insignificant your little rant is. And by the responses on here, I’m not the only one who thinks that. Also, looks like your little rant was factually incorrect as well. What a shocker.

Last edited by thefragile; 06-12-2019 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
For goodness sake, I just explained to you that there are a VARIETY of options of ID you can bring.

You don't need to have a bank account, there are other choices, for example a utility bill. You use utilities I take it? Or do you live in a hole in the ground?

I told you, go through the online guide:

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg...PermitNDID.cfm

You don't need ALL of the forms of ID just one or two from each category as per the instructions.
But then the OP can't be as outraged as he/she wants to be!

Old 06-12-2019, 09:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I did, to let you know how insignificant your little rant is. And by the responses on here, I’m not the only one who thinks that. Also, looks like your little rant was factually incorrect as well. What a shocker.
Oh look, you're a snarky ankle bitting sniveling *******, shocker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies