Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

I remain massively puzzled. How in the name of all that is holy does hating on the National Anthem = protesting Donald Trump??? Donald Trump doesn't own that Star Spangled Banner. He doesn't own the American Flag. He doesn't own the Pledge of Allegiance. Hell, he doesn't even own the White House. He just lives there for now. Loving or hating any or all of the above has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

If you want to protest Donald Trump, can we please come up with a way of doing so that actually makes sense???

Old 07-01-2019, 08:39 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
The left just can't help but politicize & ruin everything they touch. Sports, music, movies, TV, religion, restaurants, bars, etc. These things are supposed to be escapes from the everyday drudgery, but the left is determined to not let anyone have a place where they're not inundated by their far-left politics.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:06 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I will still watch and root of the AMERICAN team but, NOT for her.

"I honestly was deep inside rooting against the Americans the other day."

The rest of the team should NOT be penalized because of the antics of one.

I hope she gets injured, nor crippled, etc, just enough to pull her out and America STILL wins.
Since it appears you've given this some thought, what would be a specific injury you'd hope she would sustain? Would a broken ankle please you? A torn ACL? A dislocated knee or maybe a torn hamstring would bring you satisfaction? Again, the only reason I ask is because you brought up the nature of injury she should have in order to meet your hopes for this woman and what constitutes a win for America.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
She may be great at soccer but she’s sorely lacking in other character traits. She comes off as very bitter and angry.
Here. Read an article about her...I dare you. She’s not angry; she’s exuberant and fun to watch and doubtless enjoying ticking all you haters off...especially the Hater-in-Chief. Just like Mohammad Ali did over a half century ago, she’s making full use of the platform she’s earned to say and do what she thinks and most importantly, be proud of who she is.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/07/me...world-cup.html

Old 07-02-2019, 03:55 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The left just can't help but politicize & ruin everything they touch. Sports, music, movies, TV, religion, restaurants, bars, etc. These things are supposed to be escapes from the everyday drudgery, but the left is determined to not let anyone have a place where they're not inundated by their far-left politics.

Sports being ruined? Naw, sports is better then ever. At least from the perspective of pure athleticism. More money being made as well.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Coach Ellis didn't start Rapinoe for today's match, which makes some sense. Why start your leading scorer and risk INJURY when your match is against what is considered a less talented team. If they need her they can always sub her in, otherwise keep your best player healthy for the final match.

I'm sure others will not see it this way...

USA GOAL !!! 9:23 in.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:12 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Off to a great start with that goal. US has never lost a WC game that they scored first in.

Love ya England, but ....

Old 07-02-2019, 01:16 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
People earn respect. Trump would not be one of those people to whom respect is due.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So freedom of speech is politicizing everything? I guess if her politics aligned with yours, she would not be ruining everything. Sorry, that's not how it works.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We're not free to disagree with her, and comment? What about our freedom of speech, or is it just to protect Liberal Hate Speech?

She's supposed to represent the U.S. in a positive manner, no matter her personal believes. She is paid to do that, and she signed a contract promising to do that. The team just hasn't chosen to bring her to task.
Of course you can comment. We all can. But you guys seem to think she is un-American or should be kicked off the team for expressing herself. That's the issue.

BTW, not everybody who is supposed to represent the US in a positive manner does so. Namely you know who.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies