Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 04:12 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Then there is feeding Homeless Humans. People have been stopped and fined for that as well. You don't finish all your food at a restaurant and want to give it to a homeless person outside? It is YOUR MONEY, food your paid for, and you can do with it what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 04:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
I guess ohio doesnt have any real crime to worry about.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:15 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
I hope she's okay in there.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:19 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Then there is feeding Homeless Humans. People have been stopped and fined for that as well. You don't finish all your food at a restaurant and want to give it to a homeless person outside? It is YOUR MONEY, food your paid for, and you can do with it what you want.
I should start making 100 sandwiches a day and hand them out with a 40oz beer to the first 100 people that line up on the sidewalk in front of your house. You'd have a really happening place man, we'd make it a 1st class hobo hangout.

All of the libertarians posting to this thread seem to have a strong sense of what shouldn't bother everyone else in life, yet I wonder how quick they start crying if I keep 3 barking dogs night and day in the yard next to them? Or if I started raising pigs back there illegally upwind of them?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:35 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You want me to box up leftovers with my germs on them and give to a homeless person? How about taking the leftovers home and glving the bum 5 bucks?

That's why many towns have rules against giving food to the homeless. Who knows where it has been and how it was prepared? Was it kept at the proper temp, hot or cold, yada yada?

My town has plenty of places that help the homeless. Cash is always welcome more than some cold leftovers that somebody didn't want. But hey, it's good enough for the homeless. And who cares if food poisoning sends them to the emergency room to the tune of 3000 bucks?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
No one has mentioned the irony of the towns name. Garfield Heights. Almost sounds like a story from The Onion. Anyways I read granny is getting a new hearing before a new judge regarding the approriateness of the sentence.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:52 PM

352 posts, read 285,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Cats are not native anywhere in America. When feral they are an invading species. They do what all successful invading species do - they kill off all the indigenous species they can get their paws on. They often don't go after the adults, they kill the babies. That's squirrels, opossums, hedge hogs, birds, everything.
Some of those animals a cat might prey on are also non-native, there are over 50,000 non-native species in the United States and these non-native species are part of a wide variety of our evolving ecosystems.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Cats are not native anywhere in America. When feral they are an invading species. They do what all successful invading species do - they kill off all the indigenous species they can get their paws on. They often don't go after the adults, they kill the babies. That's squirrels, opossums, hedge hogs, birds, everything.

The problem with these assumed, "do-gooders" is that they leave a mess of bowls, plastic containers and foil containers where they feed the cats, making an eyesore of your neighborhood, and attracting rats. They don't keep feeding the cats for many reasons. Once they stop, the cats turn to the native animals for a food source.

The Brits did a study of the environmental damage caused by feral cats. The results were nearly unbelievable. Google it and educate yourself.

I'm all for harsh punishment for these ignorant people. No matter what you tell them they just won't stop. Good riddance this idiot is in jail. May all like her follow her there.
This. The property damage is unreal. Ever seen what cat urine does to car runs or vehicles in general.

She says she takes care of them. Are they on her property 24/7 ? Of course not.

These people have mental disorders.

Didn't an old woman lose her home when after years of complaints she refused to silence her barking dogs?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Guess I may end up in the slammer one day because there's no way I'm going to stop feeding stray animals. I don't care one damn what anyone thinks of it, it is humans' fault that there are stray cats out there in the first place.

Put Grandma in jail for caring about innocent cats, but turn their heads when real criminals commit crimes - I hate some people in this country. Legit, actually hate some people in this country who are too stupid to be taking up so much space.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Hey, people, stop crying horseball tears over this elderly woman.

The thread title is incorrect. That 10-day jail sentence for feeding strays...was handed down back in May, when that sentence was suspended, provided she stop feeding the cats. She DIDN'T.

This 10-day sentence, handed down by an exhausted court system, was for contempt of court, after neighbors complained--again. Then she called CNN.

Her history of warnings goes back to 2015. Elderly people can be PITAs too.

And now you know the rest of the story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies