Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 10:01 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times

Advertisements

Andrew Yang's IQ is at least 3x that of Donald Trump.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
What happens if Biden is the one who ends up on the ticket? How many black Americans are going to vote for him if they've already accepted that he's not the person they want because of what Booker & Harris has put out there.
Not the case at all... Biden polls much better among African Americans than either Booker or Harris.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:07 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
If the Democrats were smart they would run Tulsi.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:08 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Not the case at all... Biden polls much better among African Americans than either Booker or Harris.
Yes right now. But what happens if the debates get ugly. That's what I forgot to mention in my original post. These debates are probably going to get ugly & Booker and Harris could bring up race to try and make Biden seem like he's not going to have black voters in his best interest. Will every black voter listen? Of course not. But we saw what the lack of black voters in 2016 did. Many black voters simply are not going to come out and vote for a white president at all. They just aren't going to care. If you take that amount with others that start to have negative feelings because of what Booker/Harris say. I just wonder if they could cost him votes if he wins the ticket.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:23 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
In the end , after everything it looks like two White Males will compete for the Presidency of the United States . These debates are a barometer to what will transpire or is in the stars for the future. No change in White Male domination where in turn we see , judging by the downward spiral of Kamala Harris, the humbling of ambitious black females in society. The loser tonight was black womanhood and Kamala Harris was shockingly meek and beaten into submission.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:57 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

What happens if Biden is the one who ends up on the ticket? How many black Americans are going to vote for him if they've already accepted that he's not the person they want because of what Booker & Harris has put out there.

Because most voters won't even be aware that this debate existed.

Most people aren't that involved in the nitty gritty and all the back and forth of the primary squables. Nobobdy cares. Except the 15'ish people in this thread.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:46 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I think Gillibrand said that minorities need her, a white woman of privilege, to explain white privilege to white suburban women.

Isn't that a white privilege mindset?

I think that I can get pretty good at this stuff if I set my mind to it.
I'm a rural Western Pennsylvania white woman who voted for Trump and will again in 2020. All Gilli's scolding and lecturing on my "privilege" won't instill any guilt or sway me.

So she tried this in Youngstown Ohio? No offense to Youngstown (I used to work there, and SIL is a YSU graduate), but THAT made me guffaw.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Gillenbrand for sure. But Harris won't be too damaged by this long term. I think Harris has a VERY strong chance to become the nominee.

I think Gillenbrand has zero chance moving forward. She is so annoying, and comes across as a woman who would want to speak to a manager. LOL
She fits the bill of a "Karen"...a term I saw on a WalMart Reddit website. That's what they call the salon coiffed, well dressed soccer mom-type, SUV driving yuppie who's always complaining to the manager and thinks she's superior to everyone else. She also reminds me of some of the urban transplants to my small rural town...the type that cornered my supervisor (I'm a school cafeteria cook) at the Giant Eagle and asked why (demanded, actually) we don't initiate vegetarian Thai or Indian foods into our school lunch menus.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Andrew Yang's IQ is at least 3x that of Donald Trump.
Yet Donald Trump is president and Andrew Yang is a nobody.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:56 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Tulsi Gabbard really dug into Kamala last night:

Tusli had a notable exchange with Harris when she attacked her over her record as California attorney general, accusing Harris of locking up people of color for low-level drug offenses, hiding evidence that would have freed an innocent man on death row and fighting for long prison sentences to use prisoners for cheap prison labor.

Tulsi to Kamala: “When you were in a position to impact these people’s lives you did not and worse yet in the case of those on death row, innocent people, you actually blocked evidence that would have freed them, until you were forced to do that, and the people who suffered under your reign as prosecutor, you owe them an apology,” Gabbard said.

For those of you who enjoyed Tulsi: Google reports she was the most searched last night.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...primary-debate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies