Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2020, 07:27 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
But I will not feel sorry for them if they are stupid enough to vote for him again. And I fear many of them are.

Deplorables gotta deplore. I think Trump is just what American farmers need for another 4 years. My 401k is fat and my grocery bill is steady. MAGA baby!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 07:33 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Wheat is at 5.40 a bushel. All of my equipment and land is paid off. This last year was epic. 1000 acres of wheat ground.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:36 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Wheat is at 5.40 a bushel. All of my equipment and land is paid off. This last year was epic. 1000 acres of wheat ground.

MAGA baby! Running successful farm from San Diego? High five!

Old 02-16-2020, 07:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Deplorables gotta deplore. I think Trump is just what American farmers need for another 4 years. My 401k is fat and my grocery bill is steady. MAGA baby!!!!
No boost seen for ag prices from pact

"A final factor limiting the effects of the trade deal on prices is that China did not promise to lift its tariffs -- which will be a long-term drag on pork, soybeans and other U.S. commodities.

"Without the tariffs coming off," said Preisler, "it still puts us at a competitive disadvantage.""

One more:

Digging in to Trump’s trade reality

"Economists at the American Farm Bureau estimated that the Trans-Pacific Partnership would have provided American producers over $4 billion annually in increased sales, but Trump withdrew the U.S. from the agreement."

MAGA

Old 02-16-2020, 08:02 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
MAGA baby! Running successful farm from San Diego? High five!
Farm is from home town back in E Colorado that my family still farms. I get my cut I still head back at harvest to run a combine. I don't miss going over ground on the tractor though. My nephews do that now.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:05 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
But I will not feel sorry for them if they are stupid enough to vote for him again. And I fear many of them are.
just as bad. "Hey, you voted for Trump again. You should kill yourself."

Old 02-16-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The floods of 2019 did a lot of them in, too ... (Trump’s tariffs and bad weather take toll on U.S. farmers) so no, not surprised if they utilized the farm bill subsidies. There are more corporate farms though today, than family owned, so there's that.

We also import more foods than we grow to eat here --- so there's that too.

U.S. Food and Beverage Imports Since 1999

"This statement from the United States Department of Agriculture is clear. The demand for imported foods and beverages has been steadily increasing. With data provided from the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, we will look at the amount of money spent on food and beverage imports in the U.S. from 1999 to 2017. The data set used here contains ‘the import values of edible products (food and beverages) entering U.S. ports’ determined to be imports by their origin of shipment. Food imports are not a small part of our economy or diet. Americans and American corporations spent 136 billion dollars in 2017 on food and beverages from other countries. From 1999 to 2017, the amount the U.S. spent on food imports has risen over 300% ($43.1 Billion in 1999 to $136.2 Billion in 2017). The only yearly decline occurred during the 2008 recession."

If we are trying to (MAGA) keep money in house --- that shipped sailed.
certainly you will be intellectually honest, and include the amount of food we grow here and eat here.

I did find this in 10 seconds:

Quote:
In 2018, $139.6 billion worth of American agricultural products were exported around the world. The United States sells more food and fiber to world markets than we import, creating a positive agricultural trade balance.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
If one business man loses income from the new trade agreement it makes headlines if a thousand farmers lose their farms due to broken trade agreements nothing but silence

Old 02-16-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
certainly you will be intellectually honest, and include the amount of food we grow here and eat here.

or not

Quote:
To help meet these consumer demands, the United States imports about 15 percent of its overall food supply.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:25 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The floods of 2019 did a lot of them in, too ... (Trump’s tariffs and bad weather take toll on U.S. farmers) so no, not surprised if they utilized the farm bill subsidies. There are more corporate farms though today, than family owned, so there's that.

We also import more foods than we grow to eat here --- so there's that too.

U.S. Food and Beverage Imports Since 1999

"This statement from the United States Department of Agriculture is clear. The demand for imported foods and beverages has been steadily increasing. With data provided from the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Census Bureau, we will look at the amount of money spent on food and beverage imports in the U.S. from 1999 to 2017. The data set used here contains ‘the import values of edible products (food and beverages) entering U.S. ports’ determined to be imports by their origin of shipment. Food imports are not a small part of our economy or diet. Americans and American corporations spent 136 billion dollars in 2017 on food and beverages from other countries. From 1999 to 2017, the amount the U.S. spent on food imports has risen over 300% ($43.1 Billion in 1999 to $136.2 Billion in 2017). The only yearly decline occurred during the 2008 recession."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

I did find this in 10 seconds:
Quote:
In 2018, $139.6 billion worth of American agricultural products were exported around the world. The United States sells more food and fiber to world markets than we import, creating a positive agricultural trade balance.
^ what is that? Export markets and Import markets? Where are the local farms selling to local communities ... ?

You could start the search (I'm not going to, because you can) by looking up farmers markets and farm to table deals with local restaurants (i work in food service @ a university-they have such a deal) and when you are done --- you will find there are more import deals and export deals, than locally within the u.s. trade deals. The reason being corporate farms can not make any money selling to u.s. supply chains alone. And --- import food markets is what is supplying the grocery chains more so than the local family owned farms.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies