Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ice isn't "nazi's".
Trump and his most ardent supporters on the other hand...

Ken
Your team was calling ice nazi’s.

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Yup. Chickenhawks.

In my experience, most people who carry guns are cowards - just like everyone else.

Ken
They are not cowards..... There n number of reasons to flee to safety only one to fight back... When directly threatened

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Well, obviously this is an issue that is on many people's minds, to take up 87 pages on this web site.

I would venture to say, outside of Mexico, this country holds the record for mass shootings, resulting in murder, of any country on the planet, and still some want the guns to remain.

Some argue it is not the guns, but just taking the last three mass shootings, they were all done with guns, let alone all the others in the last ten or fifteen years.

When is it going to be enough is enough?

How many times do we have to see our presidents get up in front of the cameras and state, "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and their families"?

Enough is enough, and someone has to step up to the plate and address this mass killing once and for all.

As I stated in my post on page 11 of this thread, the general public being armed,was never the intention of the framers of our constitution, and it is about time, TRUE meaning and interpretation of the 2nd amendment is forthcoming by the supreme court.

Never was it the intention of the framers of the constitution to arm 300,000,000 people.

This carnage is never going to stop until such time the government/military disarm the general population.

According to Hamilton's statements in the federalist papers, the formed militias were the subject of the 2nd amendment, not the general public.

Go back and read my post on page 11.

Bob.

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The disturbing trend are mass murderers walking out w/o injury.

Not wanting to die was a deterrent against such evil people. With a "I can kill as many as I want, and just put my hands up at the end" = a terrific deterrent against such evil people gone.

The shooter said he would rather have died than to be taken, so he didn't have to live with the disappointment from his family and so he didn't have to be executed. I'm guessing he ran out of ammo and didn't have a plan at the end of the shooting.

The part about not caring about death is something I do see as growing. What I see is that the shooters in Norway, New Zealand, and El Paso mostly led online lives, disconnected from reality. I don't think they saw their life as having any value or meaning because of their lack of connection to real people. Going out for a cause seems to have given them the meaning they desired. I can't imagine 100-200 years ago people were so disconnected from family and friends as they are now.

I don't see this as a trend that will reverse itself anytime soon.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Your team was calling ice nazi’s.
Gee, I didn't even know I was on a "team". When do I get paid?

Ken

Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
So when are the left wing protests or riots going to happen? Any planned yet? Will it be demands for gun confiscations or in support of illegal immigrants? No doubt the next few days will see major political tension over this. No doubt they will capitalize on this guys racist views toward Hispanic people and blame Trump. Not good times for our Republic.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Gee, I didn't even know I was on a "team". When do I get paid?

Ken
Your not worthy

Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well, obviously this is an issue that is on many people's minds, to take up 87 pages on this web site.

I would venture to say, outside of Mexico, this country holds the record for mass shootings, resulting in murder, of any country on the planet, and still some want the guns to remain.

Some argue it is not the guns, but just taking the last three mass shootings, they were all done with guns, let alone all the others in the last ten or fifteen years.

When is it going to be enough is enough?

How many times do we have to see our presidents get up in front of the cameras and state, "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and their families"?

Enough is enough, and someone has to step up to the plate and address this mass killing once and for all.

As I stated in my post on page 11 of this thread, the general public being armed,was never the intention of the framers of our constitution, and it is about time, TRUE meaning and interpretation of the 2nd amendment is forthcoming by the supreme court.

Never was it the intention of the framers of the constitution to arm 300,000,000 people.

This carnage is never going to stop until such time the government/military disarm the general population.

According to Hamilton's statements in the federalist papers, the formed militias were the subject of the 2nd amendment, not the general public.

Go back and read my post on page 11.

Bob.
Well now we have Ken and Bob in the thread. lol

It's a good thing I'm not driving.

Hans

Old 08-03-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
They are not cowards..... There n number of reasons to flee to safety only one to fight back... When directly threatened
Then WHY are they bothering to carry guns?

Most people are cowards - gun owner or not. That's the way it is. Not saying that's wrong, just that that's the way it is.

Ken

Old 08-03-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Your not worthy
DANG!
LOL

Ken

PS - it's "you're" not "your". They not teach you that in Moscow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies