Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 08:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times

Advertisements

I can’t imagine why any of the wounded or their families would want to meet with Trump, after he denigrated Mexicans so vociferously during his campaign, especially on the day he announced he was running.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
People chose not to meet with Obama after a school shooting in Oregon as well - see above post and link.
Never heard of “Channel>3000.” Where did you get this link?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:50 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Maybe he's giving a thumbs up to the person or persons who have come forward to take care of these kids. Who knows. One thing for sure, finding fault at anything and everything is the demolibs relentless agenda.

Regardless. Trump 2020!
Then he's tone deaf just like I said, right? Suggesting that he is either insensitive or tone deaf is hardly an attack. It looked awful, can't you even admit that much?

Old 08-09-2019, 11:52 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It was in his manifesto, but now the FBI has confirmed that he has said he waa targeting Mexicans during questioning yesterday.

Remember -- trump called Mexicans rapists, murderers, and drug dealers, and animals.
I cringe every time I hear someone mention this raving lunatic’s “manifesto.” People are doing exactly what he wanted. He referenced two other mass shooters’ manifestos. You just know that there are probably several guys writing their own manifestos right now and thinking how they can get the public to finally give them some attention. Stop already! This constant harping on the manifesto inspires more of these shootings than anything Donald Trump has ever said.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:35 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think it says a lot more about these particular citizens and their biases than it does the President.
Yeah, let's blame the victims, shall we. . That's like blaming the Jews for the holocaust.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Citizens of what country? Do you have a breakdown of patients by citizenship? Honestly, I'm curious and if you do, please share.
Of the patients, no. Of the fatalities, yes. Thirteen were US citizens, eight were Mexican citizens and one was a German citizen. So it's reasonable to assume that the majority of the survivors were also US citizens.

El Paso shooting_ Gunman targeted Mexicans, he told police - Vox

Old 08-10-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Oh and there weren't 40 victims in that shooting. There were nine injured. Maybe you meant that he met with the injured and their family members. As Trump did in Dayton.

And actually I can't find anything stating he met with any victims, only that he met with some family members. Do you have a source for this? Thanks.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...chool-shooting

And apparently, at least one of these family members DID choose not to meet with Obama.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=34378256
Thanks for that link and information. I said 40 victims and family members.

Obama visits Roseburg; 'It wasn't a discussion, it was a hug' - oregonlive.com

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 08-10-2019 at 02:05 AM..

Old 08-10-2019, 08:34 AM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I can’t imagine why any of the wounded or their families would want to meet with Trump, after he denigrated Mexicans so vociferously during his campaign, especially on the day he announced he was running.
What utter BS! He was speaking only of those here illegally and he didn't say they were all bad people. You people have been repeating this blatant lie for far too long now.

No, they didn't want to meet with him because they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them and Trump disagrees with that and instead wants to secure our border and deport illegal aliens. It's really that simple!

Old 08-10-2019, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
People chose not to meet with Obama after a school shooting in Oregon as well - see above post and link.
If I was a victim or family member of a victim I would have no interest in meeting with ANY politician.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I cringe every time I hear someone mention this raving lunatic’s “manifesto.” People are doing exactly what he wanted. He referenced two other mass shooters’ manifestos. You just know that there are probably several guys writing their own manifestos right now and thinking how they can get the public to finally give them some attention. Stop already! This constant harping on the manifesto inspires more of these shootings than anything Donald Trump has ever said.
Every mass shooting, with or without a manifesto, inspires the next.

The shooter of the single greatest mass shooting, left nothing behind.
Almost 2 years later, his motives beyond the obvious body count, remain unknown. And who knows? Maybe being the top dog of all mass shooters was his only objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies