Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If the trainee fires one shot it's an automatic fail for this course. There is absolutely no way to hit the bad guy target without hitting an innocent. It a test of judgement. Not shooting skill. But we don't tell anyone that going in. Only that it's pass or fail. Quite a few have failed. They think that they HAVE to shoot. It's a live fire course right?

LOL, yes. But it's Kobayashi Maru. It's designed to make people have to think. The situation is a don't shoot. It doesn't mean the student will fail the class. But it's a learning experience. Without the human brain behind it a firearm is useless.

Did you re-program the mechanisms down-range to only pop-up armed assailants ?

Saavik: "You cheated."
Kirk: "I changed the conditions of the test."

/nerd-alert

Old 08-06-2019, 05:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it but that sign appears to only address concealed weapons. A License to Carry doesn't mean the weapon must be concealed, though it can be. So does this signage mean that if a weapon is not concealed it's OK to carry it onto the premises? Or is this an old sign predating open carry? Or what?
Signage 30-06 refers to open and concealed. Signage 30-07 deals with open carry only.

The Walmart in El Paso is NOT located in the Simon Mall, otherwise known as the Cielo Vista Mall. It is located adjacent to it on separate property solely leased and operated by WalMart.

There are no 30-06 or 30-07 signs posted at said WalMart, therefor, I don't have to eat my hat but I definitely will try some of that yummy sauce that everyone seems to love. Maybe on a nice T-Bone.

It took me most the morning to research the truth.

Final note, in conclusion. People on this site who claim that more people armed in public will prevent mass shootings have an agenda.
Don't believe them.
If you're in that situation, find an exit and get you and your family out of there.
If you insist on being a hero, find an exit, take really good cover and direct as many people as possible out the exit while you cover their retreat. If the shooter looks your way and starts to sight in on you, empty your gun at him and get the hell out of there. Leave the killing for the LEOs who are trained to close with the shooter and kill him.

That's my advice. TIOLI (take it or leave it)

Old 08-06-2019, 05:10 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Maybe the drugs break the veil between reality and fantasy. I dunno.
..the drugs are designed to lower anxiety....they take away your feelings...empathy

Old 08-06-2019, 06:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Signage 30-06 refers to open and concealed. Signage 30-07 deals with open carry only.

The Walmart in El Paso is NOT located in the Simon Mall, otherwise known as the Cielo Vista Mall. It is located adjacent to it on separate property solely leased and operated by WalMart.

There are no 30-06 or 30-07 signs posted at said WalMart, therefor, I don't have to eat my hat but I definitely will try some of that yummy sauce that everyone seems to love. Maybe on a nice T-Bone.

Final note, in conclusion. People on this site who claim that more people armed in public will prevent mass shootings have an agenda.
Don't believe them.
If you're in that situation, find an exit and get you and your family out of there.
If you insist on being a hero, find an exit, take really good cover and direct as many people as possible out the exit while you cover their retreat. If the shooter looks your way and starts to sight in on you, empty your gun at him and get the hell out of there. Leave the killing for the LEOs who are trained to close with the shooter and kill him.

I find the verbiage on the 30.06 signage to be unnecessarily confusing. If an establishment doesn't want ANY guns on their property, they need to specify such, because the actual wording on this signage only specifies concealed weapons, not open carry.

Sources that sell these signs typically specify that both the 30.06 and the 30.07 signs be displayed, since that covers both types of licensed carry/
Quote:
• Property owners should post BOTH signs if they want their property perceived to be completely gun free
https://www.compliancesigns.com/medi...TX-Weapons.pdf

I never stated that the WalMart was located in the Simon Mall. I realize that WalMart policies apply to that location.

I don't want anyone to eat their hat.

Finally - I am a huge proponent of "Run, Hide, Fight" in that order. Run and get the hell out of Dodge if at all possible. If it is impossible to get out of there, hide and take action to prevent the perpetrator from accessing you if at all possible. And only as a last resort, Fight.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:46 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Did you re-program the mechanisms down-range to only pop-up armed assailants ?

Saavik: "You cheated."
Kirk: "I changed the conditions of the test."

/nerd-alert

LOL, no I didn't . But Tammarahsavanah threw a spanner in the works and changed things up a few pages back. By introducing hand to hand to the situation rather than shooting. It was quite humorous, but did get me to thinking. Ah yes. Nerd alert. Kobayashi Maru is serious Trekkie stuff.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:42 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Promote more states to allow legal carry for the law abiding. Encourage the law abiding to get their carry permits and carry a firearm. Get rid of gun free zones like the CA garlic festival and retail stores that ban guns. These shooting are RARE and overall very few people die each year from them. More people die by far from inner city black on black violence, but it seems black lives don't matter after all, because nobody tries to stop that.
Nobody has a clue how to do that. Nothing to discuss when nobody has a clue.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:49 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Signage 30-06 refers to open and concealed.
Maybe. I presume so. But that's not what it says, and it hasn't been tested in court.

That's why careful venues post both signs to be legally sure.

Quote:
Signage 30-07 deals with open carry only.
When I see a 30.07 sign alone, it tells me that the management thought about it and decided positively to permit concealed weapons. When I don't see any sign at all, I'm not sure they've given it any thought.

Quote:

Well, alright, then.

Quote:

Don't believe them.
That is precisely my strategy.

BTW, restaurants always have an exit through the kitchen that most people won't think about.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:

Don't believe them.

Final note, in conclusion. People on this site who claim that more people armed in public will not prevent mass shootings have an agenda.
Don't believe them.

There are a plethora of examples were an armed citizen has prevented a crime because they were armed. To say otherwise is flat out dishonest.

Two examples and there are many more.

Feb. 9: When three armed men attempted to rob a Little Caesars restaurant in North Fort Myers, Florida, a patron inside pulled his own firearm to defend other customers. One suspect was shot and the other two fled.

Feb. 13: Sullivan County, Tennessee, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy praised the actions of a concealed carry permit holder who ended a deadly domestic violence incident at a dentist’s office. The armed citizen shot and detained an active shooter who killed his wife and may have planned to harm others in the office.

https://fee.org/articles/13-times-in...o-stop-crimes/

btw You didn't find the truth, you never even looked for it.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:12 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
So what do we as responsible gun owners do about mass shootings?

I'm at a loss here.
Stop immigration and the other forces dissolving our social unity.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I find the verbiage on the 30.06 signage to be unnecessarily confusing. If an establishment doesn't want ANY guns on their property, they need to specify such, because the actual wording on this signage only specifies concealed weapons, not open carry.

Sources that sell these signs typically specify that both the 30.06 and the 30.07 signs be displayed, since that covers both types of licensed carry/

https://www.compliancesigns.com/medi...TX-Weapons.pdf

I never stated that the WalMart was located in the Simon Mall. I realize that WalMart policies apply to that location.

I don't want anyone to eat their hat.

Finally - I am a huge proponent of "Run, Hide, Fight" in that order. Run and get the hell out of Dodge if at all possible. If it is impossible to get out of there, hide and take action to prevent the perpetrator from accessing you if at all possible. And only as a last resort, Fight.
I wasn't attacking your beliefs. I was merely using your post as a soap box with some addendums.

Sorry for the confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies