Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Restore property rights, rescind every gun law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 08:45 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, first of all, I would change the system so defending your life does not put you in a legal nightmare, of being sued and the other side trying to show that you were in the wrong when they, their deceased client, attacked you.

We are in the insane world where we carry a gun all the time to prevent a show of premeditation, to have this defence with us all the time and not only when we fear........and hence, to the uninformed, it seems we fear all the time.

Secondly, I would look into how to demilitarize the police. How, I don't know. Whether for them not to have the weapons of the military or to convert them from crime fighter mentality to community agent mentality or what, but it seems that as we add more shock troopness to the police, we up the ante to others.

Third, I would do away with 24 hour news channels, news as entertainment, and just get back to limited news broadcasts during the day, such as at 0700, noon, 1730-1830, 2200.

Fourth, I would do away with TV series that focus on a type of crime, make it a form of entertainment (I absolutely detest L&O: SVU because I do not believe that sexual violence should be a form of entertainment) or at the very least, forbid networks from showing shows that stir the pot while promoting the view point that civilians should not be armed.
For a start.......
So in order to protect our 2nd amendment rights, you would;d trash the 1st. Got it.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:49 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So in order to protect our 2nd amendment rights, you would;d trash the 1st. Got it.
Well, it goes both ways.

First, I thought this was just a brain storming session.

Secondly, however, in that restrictions have been placed on the 2nd, so why not restrictions on the first?

Finally, but I just note but not criticize, it does seem like a lot of suggestions are those of tyranny where the conditions on the population do not apply to the government.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:51 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
1. Make Constitutional Carry a reality.
2. Enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning 'gun' crime.
Sort of both...

* I would outlaw all clip and magazine fed semiautomatic weapons. Not to be sold to the public under any circumstances ever again.

* Institute a buy-back program for the guns that are out there. But no penalty for owning the ones that you have.
* Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver that cannot be quickly reloaded will do nicely.

Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) fired about 150 rounds and killed 26 people in a matter of minutes. He used weapons that were legally purchased, although not by him. If I were "in charge" those magazine fed and clip fed guns would never be sold in stores or shows again.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:52 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, it goes both ways.

First, I thought this was just a brain storming session.

Secondly, however, in that restrictions have been placed on the 2nd, so why not restrictions on the first?

There are. You cannot say or print any dang thing you want any time you please to anyone in the world.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:11 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
The first amendment says the federal government cannot restrict speech.

We could all censor ourselves.

IMO, Americans want somebody else to tend to all those time consuming things that confront us.

Americans could stop China in her tracks by not buying Chinese made stuff.

Americans could solve the border problem by not trading with any company that uses illegal labor.

We could pretty much stop mass killings by learning how to identify mean people and calling out their meaness. These shooters may or may not be mentally ill, they are mean people.

We will not do any gun grabbing. It's not in the cards. There are way too many military guns already in circulation. Putting a ban on now would just raise the price of those already out there. Who will take my guns if they don't know I have them? Registration, background checks and all that some people say they want done will just increase the black market.

It will be easier to remedy our lack of knowledge concerning what's a mentally healthy person.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:20 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
1. Make Constitutional Carry a reality.
2. Enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning 'gun' crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
There are known demographics in fairly concentrated areas committing the bulk of gun crime.

I would focus there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Focus on the ACTIONS of people, not the tool the choose to commit violent crimes. Don't plea down violent crimes to allow multiple, repeat Felons right back on the streets. Have mandatory LONG sentences for criminals that commit crime with guns and stop DA's from plea deals for this category of crime.

Pay attention to the signs people give for violent instability, but don't use "red flag laws" as a tool to circumvent due process as a tool people can use for vengeance. Prosecute people that falsely accuse others.
Today they can NOT do that.

Enforce the 22,000 existing GUN LAWS already on the books.

Allow National reciprocity for CCW holders.
We now have the most constricting gun laws we have ever had. It is harder legally to buy a gun now than ever before. You used to be able to buy guns from magazines. You can look it up on the internet.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...sale&FORM=IGRE

Guns aren't the problem, never have been. An armed society is a friendly society, everybody I meet at a gun range is friendly.

These people who are shooting and killing people indiscriminately are deranged and should be put down like a rabid dog. No pomp and glorification by the media, don't even give out their names. Harvest their usable organs, help people who need the organs, and exterminate the vermin. Don't even give out their names. Use their flesh and other body parts for dog food and feeding zoo animals.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:27 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Another self proclaimed adult that can only have a real conversation about guns and gun laws....
Sorry, go back to admiring your self proclaimed stable genius's weather map forgeries. That sounds much more adult-like.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:36 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

* I would outlaw all clip and magazine fed semiautomatic weapons. Not to be sold to the public under any circumstances ever again.

* Institute a buy-back program for the guns that are out there. But no penalty for owning the ones that you have.
* Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver that cannot be quickly reloaded will do nicely.

Eliminate and outlaw all magazine fed/clip fed rifles and hand guns. Confiscate them and destroy them.

Allow any hand gun revolver and any bolt action rifle. Done.

You still got guns and all are happy. No violation of 2d amendment.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:36 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
The tragedy I see is when innocent people get shot, especially children. I don't care about suicides as I think people have a right to shoot themselves if they want.

So...
I would require all handguns to be safely locked up in houses where children are.
I would limit all magazines to four or five shells for long guns.

That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies