Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:42 AM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Less plastics in the oceans for one. Marine life is dying from all the plastics.
I live a thousand miles from any ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 11:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And I’m thinking to myself this is only the beginning. If any of these fruit cake Democrats get in my wallet is going to be crying...
Don't support Home Depot or the State which subsidizes it, snowflake.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:47 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Here in Commiefornia they banned plastic bags in grocery stores. And paper is bad because it kills trees. So if you forget to bring your own bags, you have to pay 10 cents for a heavy plastic bag. The dumbass libs didn't think far enough down the road to see the obvious....now landfills are filling up with these bags that won't biodegrade. And people re-use the bags are having residue from meat make them sick.....
Another brilliant idea!

Old 09-08-2019, 11:47 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I live a thousand miles from any ocean.
Plastics still get there, no matter where you live. Good on HD.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Here in Commiefornia they banned plastic bags in grocery stores. And paper is bad because it kills trees. So if you forget to bring your own bags, you have to pay 10 cents for a heavy plastic bag. The dumbass libs didn't think far enough down the road to see the obvious....now landfills are filling up with these bags that won't biodegrade. And people re-use the bags are having residue from meat make them sick.....
Another brilliant idea!
You guys go out and spend thousands on guns and ammo, but cry over ten cents for a bag.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:51 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And I’m thinking to myself this is only the beginning. If any of these fruit cake Democrats get in my wallet is going to be crying...

No sympathy here. You better quit your crying and get used to bringing your own reusable bags when you go shopping or else pay for it. The era of first world entitlement and waste is about to go on a steep decline.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think the plastic bag bans are only a feel good notion by do gooders that will have very little impact on saving the planet when poor countries around the world still dump their trash right into the ocean.

compounded by the fact that we ship our garbage to those countries.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You mean you couldn't put the chinese made HD goods from the Right Wing Founded and Controlled Home Depot Corporation that ran all your local Main Street businesses out of biz.....in a plastic bag...and that is actually making a dent in your budget???

Wow....thanks for the illustration of patriotism and environmentalism. I guess "my wallet" should be put into the Pledge of Allegiance.
About every post you write is some melodrama event about the right wing.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What problem are they trying to solve?
Plastic bags tend to disrupt the environment in a serious way. They get into soil and slowly release toxic chemicals. They eventually break down into the soil, with the unfortunate result being that animals eat them and often choke and die.

https://greenerideal.com/news/enviro...r-environment/

Old 09-08-2019, 12:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So only liberals use reusable bags?
It is just the little grouping everyone wants people to be in.

If you use reusable bags, you are a liberal.

If you use plastic bags, you are a conservative.

But what if you use reusable bags, yet own numerous firearms?

What if you use plastic bags but are pro choice?

Some people's minds would be confused and maybe freeze over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies