Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:17 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

I said a while back that Rotten Tomatoes is just not to be trusted to give honest reviews. They sold out and this show didn't have a one critic give Chappelle a good review. Then the ordinary viewers started weighing in and they were about 99% positive.
Money buys a good review or political pressure and cowardice does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 10:17 AM

57,308 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Oh, give me a break. Since when isn't comedy supposed to poke fun at people's sensitivities?

The left are simply ticked because Chappelle's observational comedy is [gasp!] aiming at the left's sacred cows. So now The Mob has started a Twitter campaign ordering audience members not to laugh at his jokes.

Yes, America, it didn't take long, either, for comedy critics to go from calling Chappelle "electrifying" and "brilliant" to, now, "disconcerting.

Get over it. Liberals have no monopoly on determining what's funny. And chuck the pedophilia gar-baghe.

Chris Rock once touched on charities in one of his routines, and noted that Jerry's Kids are still gimpin' around. And the crowd's uproarious laughter did NOT mean that they found childhood illnesses amusing. It's called obervational comedy for a reason.

Lay a guilt trip on someone else.
Who is “ the left”, never heard of this until it was brought up here.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:27 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
All y'all praising Chapelle defended Michelle Wolf's performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner a few years ago, right? I'm sure you did.
Never heard of her, just watched it on Youtube. While she isn't the best comedian , I thought she is kind of funny, no offense taken here. I'll try and find more of her work.

The Anderson Cooper, Harvey Weinstein and Metoo jokes were funny.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:45 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Never heard of her, just watched it on Youtube. While she isn't the best comedian , I thought she is kind of funny, no offense taken here. I'll try and find more of her work.

LOL. I didn’t know the name either when I read it. I guess her performance didn’t do too much for her career.

At least Chappelle is someone who is relevant.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
LOL. I didn’t know the name either when I read it. I guess her performance didn’t do too much for her career.

At least Chappelle is someone who is relevant.
And anyone that can walk away from $50 million has a lot more integrity than 75% of the people in this country. Hell, I'd have a hard time not taking it.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:10 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

That's surprising because she was excoriated for her jokes about Sarah Sanders. There were threads about it on this board. People insisted she was making fun of Sarah's appearance. All the conservative pundits were demanding she apologize.

The correspondents dinner doesn't even allow comedians to host anymore because of Michelle Wolf's monologue.

You really missed that news cycle.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
That's surprising because she was excoriated for her jokes about Sarah Sanders. There were threads about it on this board. People insisted she was making fun of Sarah's appearance. All the conservative pundits were demanding she apologize.

The correspondents dinner doesn't even allow comedians to host anymore because of Michelle Wolf's monologue.

You really missed that news cycle.
Probably because i really don't care.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:24 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
This was good comedy, the best I’ve heard in a while. Somebody that doesn’t obsess on Trump 24/7 and calls it how he sees it. Take notes Colbert/Meyers/Kimmel, the lamest most unoriginal group of talk show hosts I’ve ever heard, all saying the same things every night. People are exhausted of it.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
All y'all praising Chapelle defended Michelle Wolf's performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner a few years ago, right? I'm sure you did.
Wrong. Conservatives whined and cried about it for a full year; demanded that Michelle Wolf be fired, demoted, whatever.

We know who the real snowflakes are. It's Trumpies.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:28 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This was good comedy, the best I’ve heard in a while. Somebody that doesn’t obsess on Trump 24/7 and calls it how he sees it. Take notes Colbert/Meyers/Kimmel, the lamest most unoriginal group of talk show hosts I’ve ever heard, all saying the same things every night. People are exhausted of it.
It was funny as hell. I watched a couple of times already. It was VERY UN-PC. One of the bits about an Asian person being born into a black body. Good lordy, LOL, I cant believe he had the stones to say some of the stuff he said.

He's got that F U money and Netflix let him do whatever, apparently.

I highly recommend watching it, but be warned, the woke crowd and the SJW's WILL be triggered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies