Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 03:09 PM

19,807 posts, read 18,099,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I think this is a myth.

I moved from a blue state to a red state years ago. I vote Republican and everyone that I've met who did the same thing votes Republican too.

People don't leave Blue states because they love them.

Some leave for job transfers etc and those are probably the ones you have to worry about.
A story in the local paper claimed per a source at Rice or someplace that over the last several years the average ex-CA-er who has moved to TX is more conservative than the average Texan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 03:17 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
A story in the local paper claimed per a source at Rice or someplace that over the last several years the average ex-CA-er who has moved to TX is more conservative than the average Texan.
My brother and sister n law and his son and family moved to Texas from California (my brother was born and lived there as a child till my parents moved to California and they especially my nephew is very conservative. They don’t vote blue and never did.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:20 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I think this is a myth.

I moved from a blue state to a red state years ago. I vote Republican and everyone that I've met who did the same thing votes Republican too.

People don't leave Blue states because they love them.

Some leave for job transfers etc and those are probably the ones you have to worry about.
My parents left a blue state for a red state and vote more blue now than they were when they were living in a blue state. Warmer weather and being able to have a larger retirement nest egg (due to selling their home up here for more) were the primary reasons for the move.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:29 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I did see something that Cruz tended to do better with non-native Texans than those from Texas in his race against O'Rourke, however some of the sourcing on that was hard to come by.

You also have the flip side and the areas of the state that are seeing the largest growth tend to be trending more and more Democratic. Just take a look at how the counties in and around Austin, Dallas and Houston have trended. Even the ones that are still Republican leaning are much less so than they were 10 years ago. Those tend to be the areas that most of the transplants are moving to.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:39 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
People that vote for policies that destroy their cities and state should stay to face the consequences and learn, not flee to do the same thing elsewhere. Much easier to leave I guess than face the music.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:51 PM

25,750 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Blue voters are moving to red states. This mass migration could turn red states purple.
That is not what we are seeing in Florida. Its the Republicans that are leaving these Lib states moreso than Libs. Florida's Republican roles of registered voters are increasing, and now exceed Dem registered voters.

The Libs seem to be staying behind moreso than the Pubs.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:52 PM

19,807 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I did see something that Cruz tended to do better with non-native Texans than those from Texas in his race against O'Rourke, however some of the sourcing on that was hard to come by.

You also have the flip side and the areas of the state that are seeing the largest growth tend to be trending more and more Democratic. Just take a look at how the counties in and around Austin, Dallas and Houston have trended. Even the ones that are still Republican leaning are much less so than they were 10 years ago. Those tend to be the areas that most of the transplants are moving to.
Yea. I've been watching that. FE, Collin County (Plano, Frisco, McKinney etc.) lurched left last cycle. I'll be curious to see if that holds this mid-term.

I think the days of an R governor winning by 20% are over. However, I think it's so blindingly clear that hard left coastal politics don't work very well in the longer term........just maybe that'll slow/stop the blue march. Also, Hispanics voting more red in Texas may be a big deal moving forward.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Yeah these liberal minded people are so stupid, they move to these red state areas and then vote the exact same way where they came from. Literally. It’s disgusting, Stay in your own cesspool of human waste that you created.
That seems to be exactly what is happening...the Libs are staying in theri cesspools, and the Pubs are moving out.

Old 02-02-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
People that vote for policies that destroy their cities and state should stay to face the consequences and learn, not flee to do the same thing elsewhere. Much easier to leave I guess than face the music.
The people fleeing Lib states coming to Florida seem to be mostly Pubs. The Libs are staying put there in the squalor they created.

I can only speak for Florida though.

I think some Dem who leave & move to Red states will have learend their lessons, but not most.

Old 02-02-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
People move for reasons other than politics, the link says it is apolitical yet you go off on some other tangent that is the opposite of what your link states.
They are leaving to be closer to family, and the family left for political reasons! There, fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies