Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times

Advertisements

here, I did the work for you. if you want to discuss children's health care, here is my thread.

who should pay for a child's health care

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
If you don't care if you die a slow, painful death, then you need to seek psychological counseling. Oh wait, I bet your insurance won't cover that.

How about a family whose child has a terminal illness? Should they just let their child die if their healthcare coverage is insufficient to cover treatments/care/surgery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM

oh the eyes are wide open. you are just someone who gets all your information on the causes of poverty from moveon. let me guess, george bush was responsible for katrina and 9-11 was an inside job. great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
STOP trying to bring JC into this and open your eyes!

The thread's about being poor, if you're incapable of understanding that many have been made poor by medical costs we need another thread about why people choose to remain ignorant.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,806,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
stop hijacking the god damn thread. if you want to talk about health care, start a thread about it. I started a thread that would guarantee free health care to all children. why don't you go post in that thread. jesus christ.
Expenses related to health care are probably the #1 reason why people become poor, excluding those born into poverty. Cause and effect, it is a powerful relationship.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
oh the eyes are wide open. you are just someone who gets all your information on the causes of poverty from moveon. let me guess, george bush was responsible for katrina and 9-11 was an inside job. great.

How's the weather there in FantasyLand today?

News to me, I wasn't aware Harvard University was affiliated with moveon, perhaps you could supply that information?

Or will you just continue with the baseless blather?

Last edited by burdell; 10-14-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
perhaps these people should have medical insurance. then they wouldn't go bankrupt from medical expenses. I know lottery tickets and 40's are more important than health insurance though.
Do you think it solves a present problem to say the problen should not have arisen? In what way do you think your response addresses what can be done to solve an existing problem? Health insurance now coss a minimum of $5,000 a year. Do you know a lot of poor people who spend $5,000 a year on lottery tickets? Actually, $10,000, because with average luck, a peson buying 10K in lottery tickets would win half of it back. The people we are talking about are working full time to raise a family and don't even take home 10K a year, and you are such a genius that your solution to the problem is to vilify them for epending more than they earn on lottery tickends. Good one.

Here's another idea that has no doubt occurred to you, that fits in perfectly with your philosophy of solving current problems. Let's shut down all the prisons, and put police and judges on early retirement, and just say "Perhaps those people should stop committing crimes." The idea of America is for every person to be free to NOT be just like you.

Why does every thread feature at lest one response from a person who says the solution to the problem is for everybody to be just like me. The idea of America is for every person to be free to NOT be just like you.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 AM

do you get a good view of poverty from where you live? I sure as hell do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Expenses related to health care are probably the #1 reason why people become poor, excluding those born into poverty. Cause and effect, it is a powerful relationship.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM

you support a left wing puppet of moveon. take the blinders off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How's the weather there in FantasyLand today?

News to me, I wan't aware Harvard University was affiliated with moveon, perhaps you could supply that information?

Or will you just continue with the baseless blather?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
you support a left wing puppet of moveon. take the blinders off.

Just for the record, that is just a blatant LIE!

Considering the source I'm not surprised. The hypocrisy of you telling anyone else to take the blinders off isn't surprising either.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Health care can be.. well, a pain in the ass. I have a genetic disorder and most health care companies won't accept me based on that. My medication costs around $65000 a month, with misc. supplies at around $500 a month. I do get grants to help with some of this, but not all. I'm in debt around $12000 so far, because my insurance decided not to cover me for a couple of procedures that they said they were going to cover. They simply changed their mind after the fact.

How is that my fault? I have a great job, and luckily I was able to work out a payment plan, but it's kind of unfortunate that my medical payment is more than my car payment (and before someone complains that I bought a new car, I purchased a car for the warranty, it's an amazing warranty that will save me money in the long run, and I do all the basic maintenance myself). I finally got hired into a job that has decent benefits, and I'm crossing my fingers that they'll accept me.

I know of 4 people with my disorder who have gone bankrupt and lost everything because of being laid off and without insurance. How is this their fault? Their companies went bankrupt and laid everyone off, and do you know how expensive COBRA or HIPAA is? My cobra bill was over $800 a month. I understand that some people just don't want to work and leach off the system, but some things are out of your hands.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I know of 4 people with my disorder who have gone bankrupt and lost everything because of being laid off and without insurance. How is this their fault? Their companies went bankrupt and laid everyone off, and do you know how expensive COBRA or HIPAA is? My cobra bill was over $800 a month. I understand that some people just don't want to work and leach off the system, but some things are out of your hands.

The Neo-Confused view is: Tough Luck! Too Bad for You!

Now if you could somehow disguise the cost of your treatment as massages & manicures for executives who killed their company with their own greed & arrogance the Neo-Confuseds might be willing to help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies