Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So you'd have no problem with Christianity being illegal in this country. Good to know.
I never said that, nice distraction from the facts.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Seperation of Church and state is a lie for starters and Politicians should argues from their faith standpoint not a secular standpoint.

Yes they have knowledge but no wisdom we need more wisdom to temper our knowledge not more lies.
Interesting theory. *nods* How is it a lie? What wisdom does religion provide other than some twisted, warp words from a being that doesn't exist? (I'm agnostic before you get any ideas)

Why would we allow religion into government when we've seen examples of what it can do? Remember the Salem Witch Trials? Religion in government led to all that. Despicable actions that weren't needed.

I'd rather have the Church stay away from my rights, liberties, and freedoms afforded to me by the Bill of Rights and US Constitution.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
Judaism which was the precursor to Christianity wasn't even the first religion. Abraham left another religion and started it. Read the story in Genesis if you don't believe me. So how was Christianity always the true faith if neither it or it's precursor were the first religion.
Christianity was the faith of Adam and Eve and repeatedly man turned away from the true faith and followed after falsehoods. Read Genesis and you will see that.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So you'd have no problem with Christianity being illegal in this country. Good to know.
What Christianity? If there was Christianity in America there would have been a revolution by now...church and state are one...have been ever since they killed the founder of the movement. As for Jesus and people loving each other- He liked that...people using and abusing each other...He did not like that- if a union is based in real love and not usery I am sure Jesus is fine with people being in LOVE . Problem is few hetros and homos love each other .....You keep hearing the mantra "a committed loving relationship" - Gays and straights are rarely committed to each other- look at the divorce rate- It will be about the same for gays in the future...people are just plain selfish by nature...good luck....

Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Christianity was the faith of Adam and Eve and repeatedly man turned away from the true faith and followed after falsehoods. Read Genesis and you will see that.
I have. Not that great. What does any of this have to do with secular law and the US Constitution?

Old 09-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Interesting theory. *nods* How is it a lie? What wisdom does religion provide other than some twisted, warp words from a being that doesn't exist? (I'm agnostic before you get any ideas)

Why would we allow religion into government when we've seen examples of what it can do? Remember the Salem Witch Trials? Religion in government led to all that. Despicable actions that weren't needed.

I'd rather have the Church stay away from my rights, liberties, and freedoms afforded to me by the Bill of Rights and US Constitution.
More distractions from the facts.

Where does the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Ammendments declare seperation of Church and State?

Salem witch trials, nice distraction, but it was a small faction within a small community and had nothing but thr faintest relationship to true Christianity. And for your information it was a small town mayor not the actual government,LOL.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Why would you tell yourself not to report yourself?

Dude - what is wrong with you? Go get yourself checked out.

Clearly evident that you need to.
What are you some kind of lawyer? It's a joke- theatrics... and what is with this "Dude" thing...I am an older artist- my job is to be off the wall and all over the place..why don't YOU get checked out? Clearly? Give me a break....You say DUDE.....you are in no position to attempt to put yourself in some superior position over me...find some one else... DUDE.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Marriage is a religious union. I see no issue with civil unions except that the LGBT community wants God's blessing which no man or law can give them.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:26 PM

465 posts, read 508,025 times
Quote:
Judaism wasn't even created until Genesis 12 and Christianity until after Jesus died and rose again and ascended into heaven. Read Genesis Chapters 1-12 and see if there's any Judaism or Christianity in there. There's not. If you could find it I'd love to hear it. I've read and studied the Bible thousands of hours a year, read the Bible old and new testament 3-4 times a year every year since I was 13. It's not in there trust me. But why don't you go read it for yourself and get back to me. You'll read about other religions and even about a personal relationship with God but not about Judaism which hadn't been created yet. And there's not common consensus with Jews on anything, the Rabbi gives instruction.

Same-sex marriage in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they even have similar legal standing as heterosexuals in the Holy Land. 95% of Jews in this country support same sex marriage, of course they're reformed jews mostly and not orthodox ones. In 1989 Denmark became the first nation to have same sex unions it's not been destroyed yet. Neither has most of Europe.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I have. Not that great. What does any of this have to do with secular law and the US Constitution?
Everything, there is no secular law all laws, good or bad, have religion as their basis and the word secular is merely a copout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.