Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 05:59 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Everything, there is no secular law all laws, good or bad, have religion as their basis and the word secular is merely a copout.
Haha - nice try, but it didn't work. We have secular laws and you're upset because religion doesn't have a place in a secular government. Try living in Iran or somewhere outside the US where there isn't Separation of Church and State. See how much you like it because as it stands you're going against everything the Founding Fathers of this country stood for.

Religion has NO place in secular government - local, state, or federal.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Witch trials were a small faction? You realize Salem is only the most famous example, not the only right? Tens of thousands of women were burned and drowned for suspicion of witchcraft based 100% on the laws in the Bible regarding witchcraft and witches (which are corruptions anyway).

And FYI, your attitude on this board doesn't resemble "True" Christianity either.
You are rewriting history again and how do you get my attitude from a few written word? There were only 20 people killed in the witch hunts not tens of thousands, now in Europe it is possible but that is the Catholics not all Christians just as the witch hunt here were the puritans a small faction of overall Christianity. I find many of the arguements laughable, I find everything laughable, I am a happy person. As for True Christianity you have no idea what True Christianity is to be able to question me. LOL

Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
You are rewriting history again and how do you get my attitude from a few written word? There were only 20 people killed in the witch hunts not tens of thousands, now in Europe it is possible but that is the Catholics not all Christians just as the witch hunt here were the puritans a small faction of overall Christianity. I find many of the arguements laughable, I find everything laughable, I am a happy person. As for True Christianity you have no idea what True Christianity is to be able to question me. LOL
Between 40-60,000 women were killed in America and Europe for suspicion of Witchcraft. Salem was not the bulk of them, merely one of the more famous in this country.

And I have no idea what True Christianity is? Based on what?

As for being happy, lots of people are happy demonizing people that are different than them. I never said you're not happy.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/24/op...cord.html?_r=0 and there's a ton of others that was just the most handy one
Go ahead throw the ton at me and look at your own link, LOL, opinion stands out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Last I checked, a Mayor is still part of the government, LOL.

Anyway, where does any religious text or invisible figure state that religion has the right into secular government and law?

The Salem thing wasn't a distraction but an example. Big difference.
You are correct but a mayor at that time was not a part of big government only local, township. Keep trying LOL.

Read the Constitution the actual Constitution word for word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Haha - nice try, but it didn't work. We have secular laws and you're upset because religion doesn't have a place in a secular government. Try living in Iran or somewhere outside the US where there isn't Separation of Church and State. See how much you like it because as it stands you're going against everything the Founding Fathers of this country stood for.

Religion has NO place in secular government - local, state, or federal.
What does a Muslim nation have to do with the Christian faith and influence?

There you go with the Seperation of Church and State lie again. tsk tsk.

You are right Religion has no place in government but Christianity does and only the propitiation of more lies will seperate that fact.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Between 40-60,000 women were killed in America and Europe for suspicion of Witchcraft. Salem was not the bulk of them, merely one of the more famous in this country.

And I have no idea what True Christianity is? Based on what?

As for being happy, lots of people are happy demonizing people that are different than them. I never said you're not happy.
You really like rewriting history don't you? It was only 20 and not all female, the rest is merely rewritten history used to demonize Christianity over a few nutcases, kind of like Westboro.

Do you know what True Christianity is?

Who have I demonized? You are the one bring up Salem. And lets see who brought up Wikipedia and NYTimes? Not me.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
You are correct but a mayor at that time was not a part of big government only local, township. Keep trying LOL.
A mayor is still part of the government - that's what your original was against and now you're changing it. Keep trying, LOL!

Quote:
Read the Constitution the actual Constitution word for word.
I have before. Bunch of Old English and stuff. Been years since I've done so, but I don't think I will do it just because you're telling me to, LOL.

Quote:
What does a Muslim nation have to do with the Christian faith and influence?

There you go with the Seperation of Church and State lie again. tsk tsk.
That Muslim nation is ran with religion influencing its government. You're stating that religion needs to be a part of the US Government...but you already knew that and are just acting pretentious is all.

Quote:
You are right Religion has no place in government but Christianity does and only the propitiation of more lies will seperate that fact.
...what? Religion has no place in government yet Christianity, a religion, does? How dimwitted are you, LOL? Christianity IS a religion doofus!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Marriage predates Judeo-Christianity. Christianity did not involve itself with marriage until the 16th Century. In case you weren't aware, Christianity didn't exist when Jesus turned water into wine. I never said Jewish weddings didn't exist. But they weren't the only types of marriage, nor did Jews create marriage.
I never said Christianity invented religion. However if you think that Catholic Church did not marry people before XVI then you are... misinformed.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
CLASSIC.... I was wondering when I would get this response- why did it take you people so long to do the classic liberal reverse...You don't like being called runts of the liter do yah? You don't like the idea that you are gay because you are not strong enough to function in the natural world and breed...sorry- I should have said all gay men are super models and not nerds- Hate to break it too you..but most are not attractive males...most are nerds... Oh- that thing you call "sex" it's not...sex is between a man and a woman- what you do is something else.....
Anderson Cooper? Rock Hudson?

Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Marriage is like a dog licence issued by the state to breed..It's about animal husbandry and social control. Jesus was not married- neither were his parents..and yes he had parents...Marriage is NOT something sanctioned by God...It is sanctioned by church and state...Gay marriage is just fine...If they want to belong to the state let them go- and give up their real freedom...to the state...I find it ironic that gays are actually willing to give up their freedom under the guise of rights.
How about because they do not have the same rights as married couples do? The right to be on each other's insurance policies or to make end of life choices for their mates.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Robin, are you even thinking before you type? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about because they do not have the same rights as married couples do? The right to be on each other's insurance policies or to make end of life choices for their mates.
Exactly. I know the poster you're replying to didn't say this, but it reminds me of another non-argument. There are many different (and shady) tactics they pull to avoid discussing the real issue. The whole "Oh, why don't they just get over it!?" attitude is particularly amusing. I also like the bit about how "Gays have equal rights because they can marry someone of the opposite sex just like we can!" It's like they don't even fully understand what being homosexual means, yet they feel they're experts on the subject
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies