Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 05:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Marriage is a religious union. I see no issue with civil unions except that the LGBT community wants God's blessing which no man or law can give them.
Marriage is like a dog licence issued by the state to breed..It's about animal husbandry and social control. Jesus was not married- neither were his parents..and yes he had parents...Marriage is NOT something sanctioned by God...It is sanctioned by church and state...Gay marriage is just fine...If they want to belong to the state let them go- and give up their real freedom...to the state...I find it ironic that gays are actually willing to give up their freedom under the guise of rights.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
Judaism wasn't even created until Genesis 12 and Christianity until after Jesus died and rose again and ascended into heaven. Read Genesis Chapters 1-12 and see if there's any Judaism or Christianity in there. There's not. If you could find it I'd love to hear it. I've read and studied the Bible thousands of hours a year, read the Bible old and new testament 3-4 times a year every year since I was 13. It's not in there trust me. But why don't you go read it for yourself and get back to me. You'll read about other religions and even about a personal relationship with God but not about Judaism which hadn't been created yet. And there's not common consensus with Jews on anything, the Rabbi gives instruction.

Same-sex marriage in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they even have similar legal standing as heterosexuals in the Holy Land. 95% of Jews in this country support same sex marriage, of course they're reformed jews mostly and not orthodox ones. In 1989 Denmark became the first nation to have same sex unions it's not been destroyed yet. Neither has most of Europe.
If you can't see it then I can't show it to you because you are looking at it from mans perspective not Gods.

And you use Wikipedia for a referance? LOL, You do realize it has alot of falsehoods promoted as facts don't you? LOL.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Everything, there is no secular law all laws, good or bad, have religion as their basis and the word secular is merely a copout.
Wooooow...

Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
More distractions from the facts.

Where does the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Ammendments declare seperation of Church and State?

Salem witch trials, nice distraction, but it was a small faction within a small community and had nothing but thr faintest relationship to true Christianity. And for your information it was a small town mayor not the actual government,LOL.
Witch trials were a small faction? You realize Salem is only the most famous example, not the only right? Tens of thousands of women were burned and drowned for suspicion of witchcraft based 100% on the laws in the Bible regarding witchcraft and witches (which are corruptions anyway).

And FYI, your attitude on this board doesn't resemble "True" Christianity either.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:37 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Marriage is a religious union.
No it isn't, as has already been proven. Religion carries not a single ounce of legal weight when it comes to marriage. The Puritans specifically refused to allow marriage to have any religious connotation when they brought it to America because they viewed it as "worldly".

You people need to study some history because you're woefully misinformed.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM

465 posts, read 508,025 times
Quote:
If you can't see it then I can't show it to you because you are looking at it from mans perspective not Gods.

And you use Wikipedia for a referance? LOL, You do realize it has alot of falsehoods promoted as facts don't you? LOL.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/24/op...cord.html?_r=0 and there's a ton of others that was just the most handy one

Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Marriage is a religious union. I see no issue with civil unions except that the LGBT community wants God's blessing which no man or law can give them.
Huh??? Civil marriage in the US has absolutely nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
More distractions from the facts.

Where does the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Ammendments declare seperation of Church and State?

Salem witch trials, nice distraction, but it was a small faction within a small community and had nothing but thr faintest relationship to true Christianity. And for your information it was a small town mayor not the actual government,LOL.
Last I checked, a Mayor is still part of the government, LOL.

Anyway, where does any religious text or invisible figure state that religion has the right into secular government and law?

The Salem thing wasn't a distraction but an example. Big difference.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What are you some kind of lawyer? It's a joke- theatrics... and what is with this "Dude" thing...I am an older artist- my job is to be off the wall and all over the place..why don't YOU get checked out? Clearly? Give me a break....You say DUDE.....you are in no position to attempt to put yourself in some superior position over me...find some one else... DUDE.
Bro, you sound incredibly upset because I said the word "dude". That's the attitude and actions of someone who ought to get checked out. You're out of touch with the rest of society if you get all butt-hurt over the word 'dude'.

I never once attempted nor did I say I was superior to you in any way shape or form. That's more of your insecurities speaking, dude. As I said, what you're doing is called transference because you are frustrated with your sexual orientation and can't come to grips with it, dude.

It's awfully funny that you try to emphasize the word "dude" when you have no idea how to use it, bro. It's a term to make a conversation less wooden and boring. Apparently, you have no clue how to work a conversation, dude.

Get yourself checked out, man. It might help you eventually, tiger.

Also come out of the closet, sport. We don't want you hiding your true self anymore, kid.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Marriage is a religious union.
Marriage pre-dates religion. It was around long before religion decided to corrupt it with their blasphemy and bigoted ideals.

Marriage is and ought to be treated as a secular union between two consenting adults - why else do you think Judges of the law are allowed to optionally perform a marriage ceremony and sign the certificate signifying that two adults are legally married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies