Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,854,078 times

Advertisements

That picture is sooooo gay...all I can say is - what does it mean? I don't know..

Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
incorrect didn't you hear about JESUS first miracle of turning the water into wine ( at a wedding celebration ) that was two thousand years ago give or take a few......weddings were always under the jewish temple or the christian church...thousands of years ago......
Marriage predates Judeo-Christianity. Christianity did not involve itself with marriage until the 16th Century. In case you weren't aware, Christianity didn't exist when Jesus turned water into wine.

I never said Jewish weddings didn't exist. But they weren't the only types of marriage, nor did Jews create marriage.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
How many states allow siblings?
How many countries in the world allow siblings to marry? I guess some moraility is universal.
Siblings married and had children in the Bible. I'm sure siblings marry in many barbaric countries that rule by religious tradition. And nice dodge. Apparently siblings having children is gross but cousins have children together is A'ok!

Pretty illogical standard of morality you have.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,850,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
What bearing does a religious text have on secular law again?

I'm confused.
Well lets see, because our laws are based on the Bible and now they are becoming more and more twisted to where they no longer resimble there origin just as our true history is being rewritten to accomodate the lies of today. Therefor many are confused by design.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That picture is sooooo gay...all I can say is - what does it mean? I don't know..
Oh so an animated GIF of a little boy crying form a video game is "gay" now? What are you smoking and where did that conclusion come from?

Are you saying that you are attracted to little boys? Wow - you're sick in the head, bro. You also have no idea how to properly complete a sentence and thought.

Think I'll just applaud you now:

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That doesn't mean I need to conclude that All anti-ssm views are from bigoted, hateful, ignorant people.
Except, quite truthfully, in almost every case, the only arguments against same-sex marriage are the bigoted, ignorant, hateful ones.

It's not a logical position and never will be. It's based purely on emotion, religious brainwashing, and a lack of education.

That's why it's completely opposed by the ultra-religious very poorly educated third world, and largely supported by the civilized, secular, educated 1st World.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,854,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You seem to be doing a lot of this:

What in the HELL are you on about? Do you daydream about homosexual men kissing and having sex? For someone who's totally against it you seem to support in your mind.

There something you're not telling us? Are you in a closet somewhere?
CLASSIC.... I was wondering when I would get this response- why did it take you people so long to do the classic liberal reverse...You don't like being called runts of the liter do yah? You don't like the idea that you are gay because you are not strong enough to function in the natural world and breed...sorry- I should have said all gay men are super models and not nerds- Hate to break it too you..but most are not attractive males...most are nerds... Oh- that thing you call "sex" it's not...sex is between a man and a woman- what you do is something else.....

Old 09-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
read the torah the jewish bible it states that marriage was started at the beginning of time and the human race...adam and eve......remember those two..a man and ...a woman....
Adam and Eve didn't exist even in the majority of Jewish circles. They are metaphors. Most Jews accept same-sex marriage so not a very good group to manipulate to support your views.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well lets see, because our laws are based on the Bible and now they are becoming more and more twisted to where they no longer resimble there origin just as our true history is being rewritten to accomodate the lies of today. Therefor many are confused by design.
But...again how does religion, separation of church and state, and religious text play into *secular* law? Politicians must argue from a *secular* standpoint why a law ought to be passed - not because some bro in a book said so.

That doesn't fly in today's informed (or lack thereof) day and age. The US laws are secular in nature for a reason and have no influence of religion in them (for the most part. I could always be mistaken, I'm not up to par as to every single law we have).

So once more - what does religion in a country where we have separation of church in state have to do with secular law?

Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,850,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Marriage predates Judeo-Christianity. Christianity did not involve itself with marriage until the 16th Century. In case you weren't aware, Christianity didn't exist when Jesus turned water into wine.

I never said Jewish weddings didn't exist. But they weren't the only types of marriage, nor did Jews create marriage.
You have absolutly no idea when Christianity actually started. I realize it wasn't always called Christianity but it has been the true faith of God since God was first conscious, another words eternally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies