Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What about all the straight people who support Incest? Plural Marriage? Beastiality?

Society has every right to draw a line in the sand.
only if it imposes upon the life liberty and persuit of happiness of others...

If people want to marry their sister or brother.. none of my business.. if you want 3 wives or 4 husbands.. have fun... animals cannot enter contracts..
we're not talking about ACTIONS.. we're talking about representation under the law...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,548,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
No such violation has occurred.

Quote:
If people want to marry their sister or brother.. none of my business.. if you want 3 wives or 4 husbands.. have fun.
Unfortunately for this recklessness, these types of unions are not allowed. They are seen as detrimental to society as a whole and hence we draw a line in the sand and tell those who wish to engage in such unions that they cannot.

And the people through their legislature or through their referendum are entitled to make such judgement calls.

Quote:
we're not talking about ACTIONS.. we're talking about representation under the law...
I'm sorry but you are totally represented under the law.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
What about all the straight people who support Incest? Plural Marriage? Beastiality?
These comparisons are laughable and rather pathetic.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:

Society has every right to draw a line in the sand.
So you just had to immediately go right to beastiality, didn't ya? Is this something that interests you? I don't know, you people who equate gay marriage to having sex w/farm animals, somethings wrong w/y'all.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post

If people want to marry their sister or brother.. none of my business.. if you want 3 wives or 4 husbands.. have fun... animals cannot enter contracts..
Technically, people do have the right to use the law/Constitutions to restrict the rights of others. Use democracy to work for you, but don't suggest there's no authority.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
No such violation has occurred.

Unfortunately for this recklessness, these types of unions are not allowed. They are seen as detrimental to society as a whole and hence we draw a line in the sand and tell those who wish to engage in such unions that they cannot.

And the people through their legislature or through their referendum are entitled to make such judgement calls.

I'm sorry but you are totally represented under the law.
I'm sorry, but you're very mistaken but thanks

Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Technically, people do have the right to use the law/Constitutions to restrict the rights of others. Use democracy to work for you, but don't suggest there's no authority.
There can be authority, until it is challenged, and lots of times these issues don't ever get challenged until someone takes it to court...if you're limiting someone's rights.. it needs to be able to prove that it harms others or treads upon the rights and liberties of others.. if it doesn't.. then you have to have evidence when it is eventually challenged.
groups manipulate the laws to cater to their agenda, how else do you think women and minorities have been able to be kept from equal rights??? because of the same tactics used against gays now... "it's unacceptable" "immoral" and because it is a sociatal norm, they manipulate the processes of law, and the interpretation of law to fit their agenda
IT's WRONG...

it is naive to think that because the law doesn't allow siblings to marry or people to have multiple spouse's that they're not out doing it anyway...
religious folks seem to think that not allowing people to marry is hindering the action of sex or whatever the deem immoral...
I just don't understand their reasoning.. it's so absurd...

Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
These comparisons are laughable and rather pathetic.
And the suggestion that man and a man should marry is even more pathetic and laughable to those who oppose such unions.

They see gay marriage as the same thing as incestuous marriages, plural marriages and beastiality.

This is something that many people on the left are incapable of grasping because of denial.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't know, you people who equate gay marriage to having sex w/farm animals, somethings wrong w/y'all.
Just as you find gay marriage acceptable-there are millions of people out there who see it as the complete opposite.

Until gay marriage supporters realize that and address that issue, consider this issue unresolved.

Whether you like it or not.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
And the suggestion that man and a man should marry is even more pathetic and laughable to those who oppose such unions.

They see gay marriage as the same thing as incestuous marriages, plural marriages and beastiality.

This is something that many people on the left are incapable of grasping because of denial.
I'm not on the left () and I have concerns with same-sex marriage. With that said, I'm becoming more and more open to the idea day by day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies