Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM

30,387 posts, read 52,001,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
I have a good friend and co-worker who is Jewish. We have some very good conversation. We insult each other all the time with the understanding of good fun and friendship. I would never judge him for it.
Well, good to know. I wasn't suggesting that you'd be against Jews, but my uncle is really more Agnostic - just "culturally Jewish", if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,517,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, here's my opinion on that, at the risk of offending Hoosier (sorry!)... nobody can "become" straight or gay, but rather they are probably just bisexual. Somebody who's attracted to both can switch back & forth, or suddenly "lose their desire" for one gender. Have you heard of the Kinsey theories on homosexuality, and how more people than not are actually bisexual - some to higher degrees than others. So no, your classmate didn't simply decide to be gay, as an experiment... they were testing feelings that already existed, and later switched back to the other gender they're ALSO attracted to. It's highly possible they have since returned, and will continue "flipping" for most of their life.
Perhaps so..... I sent u a pm

Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
That is bull****. It is not something you choose.

I am straight, through and through. I could NOT choose to be gay. The thought of being with a man grosses me out. Does that mean I'm going to stop other people? Hell no. They obviously desire it, and why would I stop them? More power to them. Live your own life, I won't bother you. They don't choose and neither did I. I was born a man that loves hot women, that's just the way I am. I can't just "decide" to be gay and start making out with a guy. No way.
Since no one directly responded to this, I'm forcing it on your eyes once again.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:43 PM

30,387 posts, read 52,001,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Since no one directly responded to this, I'm forcing it on your eyes once again.
Okay, I'll directly respond... you're absolutely right. This is usually the best way to end the "is being gay a choice" debate, especially when discussing with men - just ask if they have feelings for other men, since obviously they find it easy to "switch teams". I think some women are gorgeous, but no amount of brainwashing or "propaganda" could make me become a lesbian that easily!!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:16 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,036,215 times
Living in Connecticut- a liberal progressive state that has laws that protect gay men, lesbians, bisexual and trans gendered people; along with hate crime laws; civil unions for gays and lesbians - and A state legislature committee that just passed a gay marriage law- that will be voted on and passed by both houses- (but the Republican Governor promised a Veto) The DEMS have veto proof majorities in both houses....

Its interesting to see how different the coasts of this country are on social issues- compared to the south, and heartland; and how the deep the differences are between the geographic regions- we are perhaps now more divided then any time in our history, even more then before the civil war-

interesting to what this may lead to...... So many in these 'red states' hate us so much.
I wonder if many of those in red states could live here in New England. Even New Hampshire- the most 'conservative ' state here will soon pass a civil unions law for gay and lesbians- Maine and Rhode Island are soon to follow. Providence, Rhode Island has an openly gay mayor, and already excepts gay marriages from Massachusetts . In a short time every New England state will have gay civil unions or marriage. All the New England states have hate crime laws and anti discrimination laws.

Are we here in the northeast that far ahead on social issues compared to elsewhere?

Last edited by skytrekker; 04-18-2007 at 04:54 AM..

Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,499,259 times
Liberal and progressive it may be in comparison to some other areas, but New England also has a significant libertarian under-current running through it, and that tends generally toward a hands-off policy on many social issues. Would probably be better if that sort of attitude were more widespread...

Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,671,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Like I say, I understand where you are coming from. Its a good point. I respect your opinion, I just dont agree with it myself.
You are withholding from the "gay community" their requisite round of applause for being so individualistic and groovy-doodle. This is a misdemeanor in the State of California.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 AM

71 posts, read 118,100 times
Default What Exactly Is Fun About A Guys Butt?

Dear Brikag,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
I just talked to a friend, who works in the GLBT center from one of the backward states(so I thought). He said that a major bank is moving to their state. In order to seal the deal, this state had to change their discrimination laws for them to move. This bank is from a progressive state. The workers spoke up about their laws. The powers-to-be talk to the powers-to-be and they are in the process of passing the anti-gay discrimination bill for the whole state. Members who have read my posts know I'm for this. My question is... Does it take a corporation to make a change, in the process anger the Christians at the same time?
I have a serious question to ask. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but what exactly does a guy find fun about another guys potty area (butt). It seems like filth to anyone normal. Well, the good thing is eventually all the gay population will die, and since they can't reproduce (duh?) - it will take care of itself!!!

Chris

Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswoodlandpark View Post
Dear Brikag,

I have a serious question to ask. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but what exactly does a guy find fun about another guys potty area (butt). It seems like filth to anyone normal. Well, the good thing is eventually all the gay population will die, and since they can't reproduce (duh?) - it will take care of itself!!!

Chris

I am sorry but you are just nasty, to say people will die off!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! and no they wont, they are born that way, otherwise they would have died off already since they have ben around for thousands of years!!!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM

71 posts, read 118,100 times
Default One More Thing!

Oh, one more thing. Isn't it obvious that God made bottoms for going potty? Since the gay people can't seem to figure that out it does show their lack of intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies