Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times

Advertisements

lol this is too funny because a group of black teens attacking a white family would be all over the news! Look at these ghetto juvinile deliquents!

news source please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,723 times
oldschoolcarnage complains about racism, decrying:

Quote:
This is a hate crime, plain and simple. Any one trying to justify the attackers is no better than the ignorant racists that justify unprovoked crime against a minority.
But then goes on to contradict him/herself by complaining that:

Quote:
It's 2009 and people are still bitching, making excuses, and relying on the past to enforce their argument. Cry me a f***ing river...there are many people who grew up in bad areas or had a bad childhood and they turned out be descent human beings because they changed their situation in life, instead of complaining about it non-stop and using it to justify their own ignorant behavior.

This society we live in now is pathetic. It seems like the norm to complain about your misfortunes instead of actually doing something about it. Racism exists, it's a fact, and it comes in many different forms. I don't think that the dumbing down of society (especially in this country) is going to help us realize that word "racism" is nothing but an easy way out, and a tool used to turn us all against each other.
So, by this person's own words, those nice White people were surely the victims of racism--pure and simple, he/she says. But in the same breath White people, oldschoolcarnage is telling you that you're "bitching" and "making excuses". And by using the word racism to describe the beating you took by 50 Black teenagers, you're taking the "easy way out". You, White people, are just trying "to turn us all against each other", he/she says.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm not sure. Being there is no news either way leads be to believe the press has learned some new information and just wants the story to go away.

If it happened, it's exactly what the bloggers and press are looking for. Race, gangs, hate crimes, etc. And yet we hear nothing. I could be wrong, but something is stinky.
Or perhaps, and this is conjecture on my part, they found that it was racially motivated with the blacks starting it. Got to cover that one up quick.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
backfist last time I checked criminals come in all races & colors & creeds.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:23 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Getting back to the OP,

My point is, that crimes such as this are severely underreported. You can bet if the roles were reversed, there would be wall to wall news coverage, with those idiotic race baiters, Jesse Jackson, and Sharpton holding hate filled press conferences. But the story as it is, hardly worth a mention to the MSM. Outrageous!
That is the MSM's fault. Why didnt they report it on a larger scale?

Did Jackson & Sharpton tell them not to?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:41 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
backfist last time I checked criminals come in all races & colors & creeds.
Agreed. But according to some of these morons, White people can be legitimate victims of racism. Blacks--all of us, I guess--cannot be, because we're lazy, shiftless, savage, crybabies.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Or perhaps, and this is conjecture on my part, they found that it was racially motivated with the blacks starting it. Got to cover that one up quick.
I know several police officers. Believe me, if a crime was racially motivated, they would have no problem disclosing the information. The police are jaded wen it comes to blacks. Honestly, I don't blame them one bit. The police get the ugly job of dealing with the dregs of society. How can you not develop biases when you are dealing with the crap of our society.

Anyway, you could be right. It's all conjecture at this point.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Agreed. But according to some of these morons, White people can be legitimate victims of racism. Blacks--all of us, I guess--are just lazy, shiftless, savage, crybabies.
White people can be legitimate victims of racism. The color of your skin, whatever its color, can be the basis of any racist act. Even an accent or regional variations in language can be the basis of discrimination. Hate isn't an emotion exclusive to any single race or ethnicity.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 PM

45 posts, read 99,001 times
[quote=Tank1906;9676109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post

Some of the bashing of the President was clearly racist..Bringing an Obama monkey to a rally is in fact racist. Making photos of him as an ape and monkey are clearly racist..Opposing his policies are not and have never been considered racist. Again, Bentlebee is still the only one to inject race into the Palin issue.

Really?

bush monkey cartoon - Google Image Search

Old 07-10-2009, 12:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
[quote=Aaron_Howard;9697995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Again, the intent behind the cartoon, the message is what's significant. The context of an image defines the level of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies