Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

When you have a minority group that identifies itself with another nation and ethnicity and has mainstream political groups called 'The Race' you are bound to be heading for trouble.

Hope you plan to learn Spanish....

I believe Hispanics are the largest minority now so expect the politicians to bow and scrape themselves to satisfy THEIR demands.
The "point" you're trying to get across is that this is a country founded, settled, and built by White people. And while "others" happen to live here, they should always defer to the culture, norms and mores established by White Americans. Being allowed to deviate from that norm is a mortal threat to society. Blah, blah, blah.

What you don't get, is that this isn't your society anymore. You are losing your power by the minute, and ultimately, your perspective will be rendered irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
That's funny?

I do not need to feel better about it,it is just how it is.
EVERY race and ethnicity has done exactly the same.

You just seem to be stuck on the evil whiteys.

I am glad actually that the Indians were defeated,it made for a better nation.
Fascinating positioning of your statements here. They speak volumes without explicitly doing so.[/quote]
Sorry but you cannot make me feel guilty for the actions of others...

And your use of such a tired worn out old term as White supremacist IS funny,it shows to me your tired out mindset.

Are YOU glad to be living here in the USA?

Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM

69 posts, read 63,105 times
Quote:
it appears self-imposed segregation might be a starting solution for races/cultures who cannot or will not live in harmony together. Anyone for that?
I am.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why can't you have a cohesive nation when people have separate beliefs and ways?

Every family has their own beliefs, ways, traditions. It doesn't stop them from getting along with their neighbors.

People find commonality with each other despite their differences. We are all individuals. Cohesion has nothing to do with our differences, only the strength of our commonalities. Multiculturalism isn't death to any nation or state, it's a strength because people become more adept at making connections with the diverse people who live within its borders. The only problem come not from multiculturalism, but from people who cannot focus on anything but the differences between people. And that's a choice.
Because history shows it doesn't work....

Even very modern history shows this.

Look at the Balkans.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Sigh....Australia was for almost all of it's modern history of one race....it was homogenous and wasn't foundering...now not so much.

Same with the USA in it's past.Perhaps when you feel you are not part of the main group you dislike the idea of a monoculture....
Ah, Australia, the land where genocide was practiced to its most extensive level of effectiveness, the island/continent paradise where the whitefella was at his most comfortably hegemonic...........where white was right and where nobody else was allowed to exist.

The land where Mel Gibson's supremacist dad fled after realizing that there were too many mudrace people in his beloved New Jersey. I love how the racists on here allude to places and mindsets like these as if they are the ultimate...........

Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
The "point" you're trying to get across is that this is a country founded, settled, and built by White people. And while "others" happen to live here, they should always defer to the culture, norms and mores established by White Americans. Being allowed to deviate from that norm is a mortal threat to society. Blah, blah, blah.

What you don't get, is that this isn't your society anymore. You are losing your power by the minute, and ultimately, your perspective will be rendered irrelevant.
Wow,you sound so intolerant and hateful....interesting to read this coming from a black person.

Makes it easier to understand how a group of black thugs attack a white family shouting hate filled phrases....

Thanks for proving the point many were trying to make.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Ah, Australia, the land where genocide was practiced to its most extensive level of effectiveness, the island/continent paradise where the whitefella was at his most comfortably hegemonic...........where white was right and where nobody else was allowed to exist.
LOL....your ignorance is showing...

Quote:
The land where Mel Gibson's supremacist dad fled after realizing that there were too many mudrace people in his beloved New Jersey. I love how the racists on here allude to places and mindsets like these as if they are the ultimate...........
Good to see you base your lifeview upon what one guys father did...

Shows a LOT of understanding.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
LOL....your ignorance is showing...

Good to see you base your lifeview upon what one guys father did...

Shows a LOT of understanding.

OK. Show me why/how I'm so ignorant. Can't wait to be ejjicated by you.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,546,306 times
Quote:
Wow,you sound so intolerant and hateful....interesting to read this coming from a black person.

Makes it easier to understand how a group of black thugs attack a white family shouting hate filled phrases....

Thanks for proving the point many were trying to make.
I sound like a Black man who's got your kind figured out.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Sigh....Australia was for almost all of it's modern history of one race....it was homogenous and wasn't foundering...now not so much.

Same with the USA in it's past.Perhaps when you feel you are not part of the main group you dislike the idea of a monoculture....
That's not at all true. Australia has 250 nations prior to European contact. It has contacts with Malay people, again, prior to colonization. With that the bulk of colonists were from Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England...not homogenous. Tell a Welshman they are the same as a Scotsman. Tell an Irishman they are Englishman. Even today Australia is actually VERY stable as a nation.

The USA was NEVER homogenous. We seem to be doing okay.

Incidents like the one mentioned in the OP will always happen. However, in the large scheme of things multiculturalism will not lead to the demise of a nation.

Free market trading of goods, allowing for mutual prosperity, ensures multiculturalism. Your group produces XYZ or does ABC service. I need these things. I do EFG, which you need. In turn, we trade. This happens not only on a global level but also domestically.

In sense though, we already have a monoculture. This middle class culture of consumption. Hence why suburban shopping centers are sprouting in suburban manicured communities all over the world. Again, this relates back to the market and how it promotes multiculturalism. Though this relates more to an international level, the same principle applies domestically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies