Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Multiculturalism is appealing to those minority cultures,once they are dominant in an area it is somehow 'wrong' to be multicultural....

Multiculturalism is the death of any nation or state that attempts to embrace it.

You cannot have a cohesive nation when people are separate in their beliefs and ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
We aren't discussing whether it is a hate crime by the law,but whether YOU think it is based upon hate.

Are you a politician by any chance because you sure beat round the bush like one.
Uh huh...

I already said I don't know if the crime is based upon hate. Is there a link that says that this happened? I've asked for it and you have not provided it yet so to me this is just to prove a point you want to make about race which I wont participate in.

Does it matter what I think or anyone thinks? The only thing that matters is what the LAW says.

I know its easy to forget that when you are driving a point home, but if this incident is going to be procesuted a s ahate crime the investigation and evidence as it pertains to the LAW is what matters.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Uh huh...

I already said I don't know if the crime is based upon hate. Is there a link that says that this happened? I've asked for it and you have not provided it yet so to me this is just to prove a point you want to make about race which I wont participate in.

Does it matter what I think or anyone thinks? The only thing that matters is what the LAW says.

I know its easy to forget that when you are driving a point home, but if this incident is going to be procesuted a s ahate crime the investigation and evidence as it pertains to the LAW is what matters.
The OP has where the gang of black thugs yelled out "This is a black world" and "This is our world", isn't that the slightest bit hateful??

If you and I got in a fight and I used the dreaded 'N' word(ONLY to be used by black people) is it a hate crime?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times
Quote:
Multiculturalism is appealing to those minority cultures,once they are dominant in an area it is somehow 'wrong' to be multicultural....

Multiculturalism is the death of any nation or state that attempts to embrace it.

You cannot have a cohesive nation when people are separate in their beliefs and ways.
Given that our country will be 50% non-white relatively soon, who shall define American culture, and who shall assimilate to it?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Given that our country will be 50% non-white relatively soon, who shall define American culture, and who shall assimilate to it?
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

When you have a minority group that identifies itself with another nation and ethnicity and has mainstream political groups called 'The Race' you are bound to be heading for trouble.

Hope you plan to learn Spanish....

I believe Hispanics are the largest minority now so expect the politicians to bow and scrape themselves to satisfy THEIR demands.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:48 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Not up here in Northern New England, or Alaska for that matter...

Old 07-10-2009, 08:52 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

When you have a minority group that identifies itself with another nation and ethnicity and has mainstream political groups called 'The Race' you are bound to be heading for trouble.

Hope you plan to learn Spanish....

I believe Hispanics are the largest minority now so expect the politicians to bow and scrape themselves to satisfy THEIR demands.
It's interesting that you don't realize that EVERY nation in the world is multicultural. However, you are on the belief that a homogenous nation is more successful. There is no such thing as a culturally homogenous nation. Even nations such as Japan do have various cultures living within it. If all of the needs of the people are met (a fair stake of power, prosperous economy, and a common goal) then multiculturalism can, and does, work. Switzerland is a great example. French Swiss are VERY different from German Swiss, who are different from Italian Swiss. Italian Swiss are not at all the same as Romansh Swiss. Yet they are all Swiss.

It's your type of thinking that will signal the end of America.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's interesting that you don't realize that EVERY nation in the world is multicultural. However, you are on the belief that a homogenous nation is more successful. There is no such thing as a culturally homogenous nation. Even nations such as Japan do have various cultures living within it. If all of the needs of the people are met (a fair stake of power, prosperous economy, and a common goal) then multiculturalism can, and does, work. Switzerland is a great example. French Swiss are VERY different from German Swiss, who are different from Italian Swiss. Italian Swiss are not at all the same as Romansh Swiss. Yet they are all Swiss.

It's your type of thinking that will signal the end of America.
Sigh....Australia was for almost all of it's modern history of one race....it was homogenous and wasn't foundering...now not so much.

Same with the USA in it's past.Perhaps when you feel you are not part of the main group you dislike the idea of a monoculture....

Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
White supremacist???LOL.
That's funny?

I do not need to feel better about it,it is just how it is.
EVERY race and ethnicity has done exactly the same.

You just seem to be stuck on the evil whiteys.

I am glad actually that the Indians were defeated,it made for a better nation.[/quote]

Fascinating positioning of your statements here. They speak volumes without explicitly doing so.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:

Why can't you have a cohesive nation when people have separate beliefs and ways?

Every family has their own beliefs, ways, traditions. It doesn't stop them from getting along with their neighbors.

People find commonality with each other despite their differences. We are all individuals. Cohesion has nothing to do with our differences, only the strength of our commonalities. Multiculturalism isn't death to any nation or state, it's a strength because people become more adept at making connections with the diverse people who live within its borders. The only problem come not from multiculturalism, but from people who cannot focus on anything but the differences between people. And that's a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies