Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
$700,000 is peanuts. Should they not train? Should they stop all operations? Should they check CD before planning training conferences? What's an acceptable price for a training? They went with the lowest bidder. What more can you do, less stopping all operations?
That can apply to the companies Obama told couldnt do that on tax payers dime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh, I see

Look. I tried to put all this fake indignation into perspective by asking if the poster had ever had a problem with govt employee wasting/spending under Bush -- implication being it was okay then, not okay now under a pres he doesnt like. The poster who answered deflected. I commented on deflecting. He pressed the deflection. None of you ever did answer the question, which is a simple "yes" or "no."

You last para - these are two different topics, but you still dont see what Obama was saying. I thought I explained pretty clearly, but if I didnt get through that's okay.
Show me where Bush said that companies cant have a conference on taxpayers time. Then we can get back to that. This is about Obama , I know its natural to try and blame Bush for Obamas actions or to delect from Obama by bringing up Bush. NOT THis time Bush doesnt have a thing to do with this. This is about what Obama said and what Obamas gov is going

So why is it ok for the Gov to have a conference on tax payers dime but not the companies. You know the ones Obama told couldnt do.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you think fedgov. employees should be staying at ANY fancy resorts at all?

I wonder how big business/fedgov.(same thing really) managed to survive BEFORE the advent of having annual meetings...

I imagine they could send a memo...
$85/night is cheaper than my local Econolodge.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That can apply to the companies Obama told couldnt do that on tax payers dime
Those for profit company execs were taking overseas trips on the tax payers dime after being bailed out. Very different situations.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
LOL...spoken like a true fedgov employee...
I'm glad you laughed since you couldn't dispute it. The lowest bidder is the lowest bidder. Sorry that's not low enough for you.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Show me where Bush said that companies cant have a conference on taxpayers time. Then we can get back to that. This is about Obama , I know its natural to try and blame Bush for Obamas actions or to delect from Obama by bringing up Bush. NOT THis time Bush doesnt have a thing to do with this. This is about what Obama said and what Obamas gov is going

So why is it ok for the Gov to have a conference on tax payers dime but not the companies. You know the ones Obama told couldnt do.
I dont think you read my last post.

your last para -- mmm, because the TARP companies were public companies that were in danger of failing if they didnt stop pissing money away?

also, Obama didnt "tell them they couldnt" in any meaningful way. He didnt take action to stop them. He was just saying "You cant" rhetorically.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
For 675 people to meet, $700k is an incredibly good deal. For my companies annual meeting, it's well over $1M for about half the amount of people.

$85/night for a room at Biltmore, I wish I could negotiate that.
My hubby's company has Mgr meetings and they have canceled them for the most part this year! Ah they are a HUGE company with literally thousands of employees they can afford it if they wanted to still have them.

They dont spend a 1 million on 300 people that is ridiculous and probably incorrect. Unless you are living it up at a 5 star resort, lobster & champagne.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
The state of NV lost how much money due to Obama going on national tv telling companys that they had to cancel their conferences in Vegas because they are getting tax payer dollars. So it would only be natural for the gov of NV to be ticked off.

So the gov can have a conference on tax payers dollars but not a company. What a double standard

Once again do as I say not as I do

A true sign of leadership is doing what you tell others to do no matter how hard it is to do
Thats right!!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Those for profit company execs were taking overseas trips on the tax payers dime after being bailed out. Very different situations.
What is different,both are using the people's money.

Why is it okay for public servant like yourself to waste the people's money?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
When did they move vegas to another country? Because thats where Obama said and thats where the conferences were planned. Remember the gov of NV getting ticked off. So no different

Oh wanna talk about how our elected officales over seas trips have gone up 50% since democrats got majority you know the trips we pay for. So they can take their spouse on a vacation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies