Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He will be arresed if he steps one foot inside Vermont.
I don't know anybody from outside Vermont who is likely to go there. Out here in the middle where Bush and I live we prefer to stay away from New England and its sad examples of left leaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 01:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
...but he was POTUS for 8 years. Did he get a free pass for the first year?
Naw, that attack was near the end of his first year, so 7 is surely pretty accurate.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
...but he was POTUS for 8 years. Did he get a free pass for the first year?
He was in office for less than 8 months on 9/11. While I wish his administration could have prevented the attacks, and there were some signs missed for sure, I blame the lack of effort of the Clinton administration for letting Al Qaeda get to that point. Remember, the USS Cole attack had taken place on Clinton's watch less than a year prior to 9/11.

Let's also not forget that Clinton rightly bombed Iraq during his presidency and made several speeches warning about the threat that he believed was posed by Saddam Hussein. Go back and listen or read the transcripts of speeches given by liberal icons such as John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Jay Rockefeller, and others in the months after 9/11 and leading up to the attack on Iraq. They all believed Saddam and Iraq were a threat and they were privy to the same intelligence gathered by US and foreign services.

Liberals conveniently forget this history and love to just blame these "atrocities" on GWB. I can listen to and dicuss policy disagreements with intelligent people, but these dilusional leftist fantasies and rabid ideologues completely forgetting the actual history is just a bit too much sometimes.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't know anybody from outside Vermont who is likely to go there. Out here in the middle where Bush and I live we prefer to stay away from New England and its sad examples of left leaning.
Vermont happens to be a very popular tourist destination. Fabulous foliage, especially in the fall. Photographers, painters and other artists frequent Vermont. Skiing is top notch and the best maple syrup in the country. The point is that he cannot go there. If he is on a plane that has to make an emergency landing or he has to bail out over Vermont, he will be arrested. That's the point. BTW...When did you two start shacking up?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-06-2009 at 01:39 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 01:33 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Left leaning?

"On the one hand, Vermont has a longstanding tradition of local government and individual freedom that fits in with our members' philosophy of individual rights, free markets, decentralization, and peace,"

Vermont [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]

Old 09-06-2009, 01:35 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Liberals conveniently forget this history and love to just blame these "atrocities" on GWB. I can listen to and dicuss policy disagreements with intelligent people, but these dilusional leftist fantasies and rabid ideologues completely forgetting the actual history is just a bit too much sometimes.
I don't think it was the fact that Bush blamed Hussein for 9/11 that made liberals upset, I think its the fact that he waged an illegal war with no goal or end in sight immediately following an unrelated attack on our country. No one is disagreeing that Saddam was a bad man, and that Iraq was in turmoil, what were arguing is that waging a full on war with Iraq had nothing to do with America's goals or security, and took away from dealing with the true perpetrators of 9/11/

Old 09-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The point is that he cannot go there. If he is on a plane that has to make an emergency landing or he has to bail out over Vermont, he will be arrested.
And I would love to see that happen and watch the fools in VT as the whole silly thing is thrown out of court. They have no standing and no legal grounds to do anything.

I lived a few miles from VT for many years, and as a pilot used to fly to Rutland, Springfield and around the Green Mountains. It's a beautiful state, but there is a faction of mental patients that have made their homes there and many of the native and long time residents resent how these outside people like Howard Dean have really trashed the reputation of VT.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I don't think it was the fact that Bush blamed Hussein for 9/11 that made liberals upset, I think its the fact that he waged an illegal war with no goal or end in sight immediately following an unrelated attack on our country. No one is disagreeing that Saddam was a bad man, and that Iraq was in turmoil, what were arguing is that waging a full on war with Iraq had nothing to do with America's goals or security, and took away from dealing with the true perpetrators of 9/11/
BUSH NEVER BLAMED HUSSEIN FOR 9/11.

Go back and read...nothing was ever said about Iraq being the cause of 9/11. This is a red herring foisted on us by the left to make the case for the Iraq war seem somehow tainted. Bush and his administration have said time and again that Hussein was not involved in 9/11. That doesn't change the facts of what happened throughout the 1990s, and the facts that WMD in the hands of terrorists after 9/11 was a completely different threat than before.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Last I checked, the country has been safe for the 7 years post-9/11, at least from domestic attacks by terrorists. You can think of ways to imply otherwise, but those damn facts just get in the way.
I haven't gotten cancer in the last 7 years either, it must be because of Bush.

The Earth wasn't hit by an asteroid in the last 7 years either, it must be because of Bush.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
BUSH NEVER BLAMED HUSSEIN FOR 9/11.

Go back and read...nothing was ever said about Iraq being the cause of 9/11. This is a red herring foisted on us by the left to make the case for the Iraq war seem somehow tainted. Bush and his administration have said time and again that Hussein was not involved in 9/11. That doesn't change the facts of what happened throughout the 1990s, and the facts that WMD in the hands of terrorists after 9/11 was a completely different threat than before.
open accusations of terrorist connections of bin laden with bagdad and that it was all part of a network of terrorism which includes WMD. that was the justification for the invasion.
please do not rewrite history.
btw hitting your head can cause brain damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies