Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanque Verde View Post
Obama is certainly a war monger like most of his fellow democrat presidents in the past have been.

WWI democrat 150,000 killed

WWII democrat 600,000 killed

Korea democrat 50,000 killed

Viet nam democrat 60,000 killed

Somalia democrat unknown killed

Yugoslavia democrat unknown killed

WOT democrat hundreds killed
sorry, I can't stand Obama, but I do not consider him a war monger.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times
Exclamation This Is What I was Speaking Of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
You see this is where I get fed up....this makes me fume. You have nerve.

Believe it or not...there are principled and intelligent people out here who simply think Obama and his cronies are doing the wrong thing for America. We believe that his policies and principles are incorrect, and we are opposing him on that basis alone.

I didn't care that Clinton was white when I opposed him. I didn't care that Al Gore was white when I opposed his policies and voted against him. John Kerry being white wasn't a factor for me for years when I lived in MA, and when I voted against him in 2004. I voted against all of those people and opposed their policies because of one factor...THEY ARE ALL WRONG.

The left are so blinded by their false rhetoric and ignorant rants that they assume that no one can be rational and oppose Obama on a policy basis, so it must be race based. Conservatives are all illiterate and ignorant, huh? We're all stooges of Rush and Hannity, huh? I am so sick of the self righteous and arrogant leftist statements like the one quoted that I want to scream.

The more I read crap like that quoted, the more I harden my positions and refuse to compromise. Some of you arrogant, self righteous, and pompous buffoons on the left really need a reality check and a wake up call.
I read neil0311's post from top to bottom, and I also repped him...this is how you disagree with someone's opinion, without getting out-of-pocket about it...

He cited examples in the past where and why he did not vote for Mr Gore and Mr Kerry, and stated quite eloquently thatit had nothing to do with those gentlemen's race, but his disdain for their policies, and I strongly think that's his reason for disagreeing with Pres. Obama...if all of us on BOTH sides could express ourselves like this, then this would be a much-less contentious place to hang out

Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
You see this is where I get fed up....this makes me fume. You have nerve.

Believe it or not...there are principled and intelligent people out here who simply think Obama and his cronies are doing the wrong thing for America. We believe that his policies and principles are incorrect, and we are opposing him on that basis alone.

I didn't care that Clinton was white when I opposed him. I didn't care that Al Gore was white when I opposed his policies and voted against him. John Kerry being white wasn't a factor for me for years when I lived in MA, and when I voted against him in 2004. I voted against all of those people and opposed their policies because of one factor...THEY ARE ALL WRONG.

The left are so blinded by their false rhetoric and ignorant rants that they assume that no one can be rational and oppose Obama on a policy basis, so it must be race based. Conservatives are all illiterate and ignorant, huh? We're all stooges of Rush and Hannity, huh? I am so sick of the self righteous and arrogant leftist statements like the one quoted that I want to scream.

The more I read crap like that quoted, the more I harden my positions and refuse to compromise. Some of you arrogant, self righteous, and pompous buffoons on the left really need a reality check and a wake up call.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank you. There are many more all over this forum, and I think most everyone who is following this topic has seen them. If you don't believe it, dcsldcd, just do a search.
I think we all know in any organization or any party there are extremists, but you are indicating all people involved in the TeaParties approve of things like those signs. You are dead wrong. Now, play fair>>>>

Nita

Old 09-16-2009, 09:03 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I can't stand Obama, but I do not consider him a war monger.

Nita
Maybe he hasn't proven himself a warmonger yet...but he's definitely not the peacenik that he tried to portray on the campaign trail.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I didnt say all the houses were a dump but many of them were a dump we can do this tit for tat Bs but you know what I'm saying it true.

Sorry the man was a terrible persident
Please give us some specific information regarding houses built by Habitat being dumps. This is not about "tit for tat"..........I've just never heard of those houses being categorized as "dumps."

It will be fine if you answer in a less abrasive manner than usual. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
People can try smoke and mirrors to divert away from the real issue here..that most people do not like his radical agenda, views and associations. If you think playing the race card will make this all go away..it won't. People don't care anymore if you call them a racist. When it is disingenuous that is...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Race-baiters should study this sign intently - they are doing far more to radicalize middle-America than Glenn Beck ever could.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:13 AM

30 posts, read 72,656 times
Jimmy Carter may have been an ineffective president, but that doesn't mean he is not a admirable and astute man.

Over the years, there have been plenty of congresspeople who have disliked the politics of the sitting president but managed to respect the office. Accusing the sitting president of being a liar during a public speech is a pretty big departure from civility. The question is whether it is a coincidence that that departure came during the term of our first black president. Jimmy Carter, fellow southerner to Joe Wilson, says it is not. We should at least consider that he might be right.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
I'll tell you what. Anyone who reads this forum HAS to believe that a LOT of the attacks on Obama are racist. No way in the world you can doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies