Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
id take the bet that the New Madrid fault will erupt before I bought into this twits doom and gloom.

The reality is that the housing market is recovering, people are buying lots of homes.
Yeah, as if I should ever believe a realtor (TM) BTW, the tax credit is coming to an end, and Celente has predicted huge events as I cited above on several occassions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
When we're all walking down dusty streets, our children hanging on to our tattered clothes, passing the bodies of those who could walk no further, then, maybe then, we'll realize that the "THEM" we were so impassioned to blame was actually ourselves.

This system will fail. No one "side" will be responsible despite whatever evidence your media-brainwashed ideology conjures. We've all been swinging on a wild pendulum and now it's gone out to far from center, so it will break and fall. We'll quickly learn what we should have learned long ago about what's real: family, food, air, water, Earth, shelter, and love.

You can respond by arming your fortress to the teeth and raising your blood pressure to record levels, sleeping with one eye open, and planning on hard times. Or you can realize that the only thing that will happen will be that we'll all suddenly find ourselves in the same very large boat, the one we forgot we were in all along.

It doesn't matter what Mr. Celente says or other "experts" say. What does your gut tell you? Are you paying attention to it? With all the blatant misinformation being distributed and all the lies being told, it only makes sense to listen to that still small voice within, provided you can find a quiet place to seek it out. What does your heart tell you? Are you afraid? Or are you willing to tackle the task ahead, one of creating a new system with a far more solid foundation? Or are you ready to let others recreate the current system (with a few minor revisions) and call it a day?

It isn't just "hard times" ahead. It's the greatest opportunity you'll ever have.
Mhouse- I tried to send you a personal message just to tell you how well written this fine sentiment is. Thank you for writing it.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing. And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns."Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website. Celente - People Should Brace For 'Greatest Depression'
WorldNet.com

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
WorldNet.com
Kill the messenger, dammit!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
People forget how accurate Celente's predictions have been. Rational people listen to him. Naysayers end up losing their shirts or worse.
This was the guy whose 1997 predictions were civil war in Russia and student revolts in the US by 2000, right?

Welcome to the millennium | Psychology Today

In that article, he also predicts that people will stop having lawns and start growing food instead. Great idea, but I must have missed the trend.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Mhouse- I tried to send you a personal message just to tell you how well written this fine sentiment is. Thank you for writing it.
Thanks, vicket. Posting on C-D has had one benefit for me so far: it has really honed my extemporaneous writing skills. Thanks again.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:18 PM

436 posts, read 874,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This was the guy whose 1997 predictions were civil war in Russia and student revolts in the US by 2000, right?

Welcome to the millennium | Psychology Today

In that article, he also predicts that people will stop having lawns and start growing food instead. Great idea, but I must have missed the trend.
If I make one thousand of assumption today, I am pretty much sure that I will hit something. Unfortunately, I don't have enough confidence to screw up any of my potential followers by selectively justifying my prediction like this. My dad will span me bloodily hard if he know I do this.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:09 AM

1,133 posts, read 713,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
id take the bet that the New Madrid fault will erupt before I bought into this twits doom and gloom.

The reality is that the housing market is recovering, people are buying lots of homes.
That would be one of the potential catalysts.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,306,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You seriously think this is all Obama's doing? Really? You really need to get a grip and confront the real enemies in your mind so you can focus the fight onto the right target. I want to tell you about a person my next door neighbor knows. She has been forced to work half-time by her employer. She is currently collecting unemployment for the two weeks/mo she does not work. That will last another couple of months. Then she is SOL, forced to live on half the salary she started working at. Her employer that is in such dire straights that they have had to consolidate the workforce in this fashion is adding another shift to keep up their production quota.

The real problem as I see it is corporate greed. Insurance companies are some of the most profitable entities anywhere and they literally hid billions of dollars under an offshore tax haven rock and went to the governement broke and received your money and mine for their acting skills. Those insurance companies now want you and me to be forced to buy a policy directly from them because our employers no longer want to and because in many cases no longer have to. Its Obama's fault for caring that 1/4 of Americans are dying prematurely from preventable illness.

I could say more but I hope I've primed the pump of understanding and you will start doing some investigation on your own. Obama is not the reason unemployment keeps rising despite the "end of the recession".

H
Please stop your love affair with Obama. Obama has you fooled girl! He is a radical terrorist who is friends with some of teh famous dictators around the world. What did he accomplish in Chicago? His college was paid for by a terrorist, chicago is worst than ever with gangs, and his friend Rev Wright is a racist who basically raised Obama!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,999 times
Extreme unemployment will be what causes most of this.

It could have all been avoided if we had not been sending all of our jobs to slave labor countries for the past 30 years.

I would not be surprised to see close to 50% unemployment by the end of 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies