Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 05:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
The Mayans predict the world will come to an end in 2012 (theres even a movie coming out about this) so maybe this guy might be right. Maybe hes jacked-in to some ancient mayan wisdom.

Anyway, smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
December 21st,2012 the Mayan calender abruptly stops after a continous run of some 26,000 years. Scientists have stated that the Mayan calender is more accurate than the one currently in use by western society. Some claim that everything will be destroyed and all the canned spam in the bunker will not matter. Others claim that we will enter a new age of humanity on Dec.22, 2012.
It should be noted that most theories are of the Eric Von Danakin school of science concerning this matter of the Mayan calender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
b-b-b-b-u-t the Dow went to 10,000 today

YouTube - Ron Paul Warns of Violence from Pending Dollar Crisis, Says Israel Strike on Iran the Trigger

Old 10-14-2009, 05:32 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
12/21/2012 is an end to one calendar and the beginning of another (maybe time is perceived differently afterwards). One system will end, and another will replace it. It's like a cosmic restart button, an opportunity to jump ahead in development. But will we recreate what preceded that date or will we opt for something new? In any case, the real change will be in our consciousness, provided we have prepared for these times and intend on participating. For those not so inclined and/or those who don't have a clue as to the importance of these times, they will continue to go around the Milky Way doing the same stupid things for another 225 million years (apparently that's how long it takes for our solar system to revolve around the galactic center). That's what I've come to understand on this issue, anyway.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
12/21/2012 is an end to one calendar and the beginning of another (maybe time is perceived differently afterwards). One system will end, and another will replace it. It's like a cosmic restart button, an opportunity to jump ahead in development or an opportunity to remain the same. But will we recreate what preceded that date or will we opt for something new? In any case, the real change will be in our consciousness, provided we have prepared for these times and intend on participating. For those not so inclined and/or those who don't have a clue as to the importance of these times, they will continue to go around the Milky Way doing the same stupid things for another 225 million years. At least, that's my take on this issue.
That's how I interpreted as well mhouse2001. It's an "end" but not "the end".

Old 10-14-2009, 05:36 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
12/21/2012 could mean several things:

The very end of the dollar as a reserve currency or taken seriously in the financial community
The end of the US military as a superpower, vis-a-vis debt default
WW3
A revolution and physical purging of our government by the people (e.g. firing squad)

Take your pick...

Old 10-14-2009, 05:40 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Could also be the mother of all solar flares or the 5 mile astroid.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:24 PM

1,133 posts, read 713,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Could also be the mother of all solar flares or the 5 mile astroid.
In which case all our speculations are just drivel. We don't always agree, but i like mbhouse optimism. I once shared his optimism for the greatest country in the world occupied by the worlds greatest people, posessing the greatest potential for social evolution and a planet where no only are all people valued but contribute positively. Not by possessing a collective mind but by possessing and implementing individualism.
This is in fact the simple truth of where we are going wrong. We should in fct punish the white collar criminals and politicians. Our jails should be full of them. Yet we have given them a pass and they carry on as if we do not care. If we truly have a revolution in this country I would not want to be a politician or perceived as a very wealthy person. I would keep my BMW et al parked in the garage and put on a four year old suit if I owned one.
They have brought it upon themselves and it may be true that it will take martial law for the politicians, tycoons and money lenders to realize self preservation.
I would like to think it will not come to that. I do believe that with the proper catalyst it could happen as we are very near the brink. It does not take 70 per cent of us to be in a struggle fo rsurvival only about thirty per cent. If the Muslims or a natural disaster of significant proportion , even a socio political economic one were to strike, it would not be apretty sight.

It is a good idea for all of us to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I was in Wal Mart a few months back and I noticed the only ammunition they had available was a few 22 shorts. I asked the clerk how often they received a shipment of ammo and she stated weekly. I said and this is all you have left. She stated it sells out in a couple of days.

Make of these tidings what you will. Don't live with your head in the sand and place your faithe in the school boys and girls that are running the country. They are a pitiful lot.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:26 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Calendars, and the years printed on them, have a way of falling short of catastrophic expectations. The world didn't come to an end when we entered the 21st century. For this reason, I have my doubts about that happening when the present Mayan cycle ends, as well.

What a great position to be in! If I'm right, I can go on pooh-poohing all such nonsense. And if I'm wrong, and the world actually does come to a cataclysmic end, then nobody will be around to tell me so.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,378,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Other trusted sources:

Nostradamus
Ouiji Board
Rock Paper Scissors
Magic 8 Ball

You owe me a keyboard ^^^

Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
They had a riot in Columbus Ohio at a clothing store. Some crazy told people to go on a shopping spree because she had won the lottery and would pay for their purchases. 1500 people tried to cash in and then she took off in a limo. Then the looting began.
It doesn't take much for a mob mentality to take over. Times this by a thousand in major cities over food riots or unrest over unemployment or a flu scare and its adios, muchachos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies