Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,878 times

Advertisements

Each person has the responsibility to protect and provide for there family, whether or not it's food, personel protection(guns) whatever it takes. If not then in a police report (afterwards) you are listed as victum or deceased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
You are the same people who purchased canned goods and stocked up on water during the New Year's of 1999, no?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
the new portfolio
1/2 ammo
1/2 canned goods

Old 10-16-2009, 01:15 AM

65 posts, read 129,865 times
I hope to be skiing in the US in January 2013. I better get some travel insurance

Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilaketahoe View Post
I hope to be skiing in the US in January 2013. I better get some travel insurance
As everybody knows, the world ended when the millenium arrived. Now it's going to end again. I hope that travel insurance rates don't go up too high. Insuring people against a second ending of the world cannot be a pleasant task. Especially if the insurance company has to pay off on the claims.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:46 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bad things happen. They always have and always will. Who knows when they will happen? Nobody.

The thing is, when something bad DOES happen, it’s always those who scoffed the loudest that get all emotional, crazy, and start causing trouble (looting, stealing, etc). These folks are the ones to be most afraid of by the levelheaded people who are prepared for a rainy day. That silly, alarmist food and water storage suddenly becomes quite appealing and important.

There is nothing wrong with being prepared. It's no more foolish than carrying a spare tire in the trunk of the car.
It's amazing how many people think only crazy tin foil clad wackos prepare ahead for for hard times. None of our grand or great-grandparents would think it was silly, they would think it was silly not to.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:57 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Sounds like America!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine01 View Post
You are the same people who purchased canned goods and stocked up on water during the New Year's of 1999, no?
Probably are. The smart ones. The supplies are still sitting there in case they are needed. If they are not needed, good; if they are, they are ready to go.

Are you the guy that doesn't carry a spare tire, doesn't carry anything with him during a hike in the mountains, and doesn't have a spare pair of underwear in the in the drawer in case you s**t your pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's amazing how many people think only crazy tin foil clad wackos prepare ahead for hard times. None of our grand or great-grandparents would think it was silly, they would think it was silly not to.
Indeed. No one seems to value being prepared. I'm not completely prepared, but at least I understand the value and I'm working on it. I'm not sure what it is about most people though; it really just seems to be a lack of common sense. My grandparents lived through the depression with minimal discomfort, thanks to their food storage and forethought.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,612,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Probably are. The smart ones. The supplies are still sitting there in case they are needed. If they are not needed, good; if they are, they are ready to go.

Are you the guy that doesn't carry a spare tire, doesn't carry anything with him during a hike in the mountains, and doesn't have a spare pair of underwear in the in the drawer in case you s**t your pants?

Indeed. No one seems to value being prepared. I'm not completely prepared, but at least I understand the value and I'm working on it. I'm not sure what it is about most people though; it really just seems to be a lack of common sense. My grandparents lived through the depression with minimal discomfort, thanks to their food storage and forethought.
I'm not going to prepare. I'm going to just join the packs of roving, hungry people and take all that nice stuff others have stored away. It's the American way.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
I'm not going to prepare. I'm going to just join the packs of roving, hungry people and take all that nice stuff others have stored away. It's the American way.
That's exactly why I will never live in a huge metropolis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies