Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM

432 posts, read 604,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think this has to be about the stupiest topic I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few: 2,000 years ago and today are not the same....who knows how he would have thought.

Nita

I thought it was an ignorant post. The OP definitely doesn't understand the difference between charity and forced servitude. Also, the OP shows her lack of understanding on the Bible probably b.c she has never bothered to read it, and has instead chosen to spout off dogmas from the leftist atheists she listens to like Bill Mahr.

And then I read your post Nita.. which made an even dumber claim that 2000 years ago is all that different than today. The only things that have changed are technology, living conditions, etc.. The messages that the Bible has have stayed the same though, the stories and lessons have just as much to do with today's stresses and turbulences as they did of those back then. There is a reason it is called the "Living" Bible.

One thing is clear. The gov't of today would have locked Jesus up for practicing healing/medicine without a permit from their bureaucracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
He'd encourage us to care for one-another and not rely on the government to do it.

exactly!

It's really sickening that not one of these UHC liberals has changed their field of study or work to become a doctor. It's like they think hard work, patience, and individual greatness grows on trees, and will always be there to give care to everyone else. They are simply just stepping on the hand that can heal them.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:51 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Only hate I've seen being slung around is NOT from the "left wingers" but from those who believe there is only ONE opinion and it's theirs: right.

A troll post does not an opinion make.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM

64 posts, read 109,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I think this sums it up.
heh heh not bad, but seriously here is something to think about:
Did Jesus go to the Roman governor and try and get him to force people to be taxed to fund healthcare or charity for people? Or did he instead go to regular people and encourage them to voluntarily be charitable?

The sentiment of being a good Christian or even most religions does not involve using the force of the state, ironically most Liberals use to argue against that didn't they?

Old 11-14-2009, 03:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,349 times
He'd probably remind one and all that when he first forged the distinction between Caesar and God, he wasn't trying to say that Caesar should make off with the whole pot.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
We tried it the old-fashioned way. It sucked. Ask the program people in any private charity if they favor eliminating the role that goverment plays in providing aid and addressing suffering. You'll get the same answer from all of them...

Old 11-14-2009, 03:29 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,133,552 times
h probably will put anyone who denies healthcare to any to a hot place~

that includes for any reason!

you may help make healthcare available for all or go to a very warm place!

Think about that any who would deny care for ANY reason

Old 11-14-2009, 03:32 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,606 times
Jesus was a communist, in the purest sense of the definition, so we would all be caring for one another.
The government wouldn't be involved, for He said, "Let Caeser tend to that which is Caeser's".

Old 11-14-2009, 03:47 PM

wow, even more people that don't understand the difference between Force (slavery) and Charity (free will) ...

The liberal ignorance is higher than mountains.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I agree
I love it when non-Christians think they know what Jesus would think about something.

Christ healed for the purpose of proving he was who he said he was; a demonstration of the power of God. Those that proved their faith (in who he was), he healed. You might notice that he never healed those who had no faith, but only those who would reach out to touch him (a demonstration of their faith).

But you unbelievers wouldn't understand. You think Christ was a "heavenly Santa Clause", a "liberal" who would redistribute wealth (like Barack Obama), someone who had disdain for property rights.

Ah, but wait: He said, "Do not steal". That means that he respected property rights, and ownership.

He believed in giving full measure of a days work for a days pay. Hmmm. He didn't believe in "ripping off" an employer, nor did he believe that an employer shouldn't expect an honest days work. He believed in mutual respect in the relationship between employer and employee.

Anyone who has done any measure of Bible study knows this.

The problem with liberals, is that they only know the cute little children's stories about an all compassionate, all loving, mild mannered wimp of a man called Christ.

But the Bible tells a different story. He was strong, he felt anger (at times), even calling the ruling Jews of the day a "pit of vipers"! He overturned the moneychangers tables in the Temple court, and called them all kinds of names.

I suggest you do some study before claiming Christ was one of your liberal friends. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies