Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Funny those that push for tax cuts and say all this stuff about Jesus to get elected make it seem like a theocracy.

Maybe they should back up their words with action.
I wish the left would make up its mind. First they exhibit a disdain for evangelicals now they embrace them my goodness you are a confused lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 06:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Is that why he said, "It is easier for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"?
You obviously have no clue what that passage means. You cannot take something out of it's context and apply it to something totally unrelated. That is what you have done here.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I wish the left would make up its mind. First they exhibit a disdain for evangelicals now they embrace them my goodness you are a confused lot.
Where did I embrace them? I just want consistancy between what they say and what they get done.

Why do right wingers always twist words just as bad as left wingers (if not worse)?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:16 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You obviously have no clue what that passage means. You cannot take something out of it's context and apply it to something totally unrelated. That is what you have done here.
Sounds like a typical book by any pundit.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Where did I embrace them? I just want consistancy between what they say and what they get done.

Why do right wingers always twist words just as bad as left wingers (if not worse)?

Why should you want consistancy? That makes no sense. Do you approve of evangelicals in government?

But if you insist on consitancy then the left in this thread should argree with me that it is irrelevant what Jesus would do.

It is so sad that the left views logic as trying to twist words.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Stick around. The left winger haters are real skilled on posting the stupidest topics you will ever see.
The more I read these topics the more I agree....

Nita

Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Only hate I've seen being slung around is NOT from the "left wingers" but from those who believe there is only ONE opinion and it's theirs: right.
OMG, you can't really believe that. I have never seen so much hate as I have seen in the 3 months I have been reading this forum and 90% comes from the left...There was a time when I might have thought libs were the ones with more open minds, that has changed. They are the most narrow minded people I have ever seen. I have yet to read one response from a liberal that says, "I see two sides to this story" Well, I take that back, there may be a few out there that do see both sides. They are the true intelligent ones.
How many conservatives think name calling is the way to get their point across or how many have wished for the total failure of anyone the way the libs have wished this on Palin? What about those blaming Bush for everything, I haven't seen too many conservatives going back to the Clinton days and those sighting the example of the evangelist in Texarkasas as an example of what Christians stand for? Would you like me to continue.?? Again, I am not saying there are no extremists on the right side, but nothing like the hatred the left has for anyone that differs from them on any issue.

Nita

Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,936 times
I don't think he would have any knowledge of universal health care.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh. So you support the killing of babies.
That's not important, what I think or support, what is important to some is:
Quote:
What would Jesus think of universal health care?
I have my own beliefs and opinions which I keep close to my vest, (private)
You may go public with your beliefs, even if it makes you appear foolish to others. I believe "abortion" is a personal and private matter, and is not for other people to decide for the woman. MYOB is my motto.
Since we're on the subject of assumptions, I would imagine you support this:?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_209504.html

So, who is worse, Tiller, or the doctor?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:07 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
I think Jesus would get really tired of people coming to Him with ailments that were caused by smoking, poor eating habits, and lack of exercise, and folks generally treating their bodies (which were created in His dad's image, no less) like outhouses instead of temples.

Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies