Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
I think He would say, "Now THAT'S true Christianity!"

You are correct sir. 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:48 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,560,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It is astonishing how truly uninformed people are. but then again it shouldn't considering the truly silly ideas they post.

Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals? - Casting Stones

"However, conservatives gave about 30 percent more money per year to private charitable causes, even though his study found liberal families earned an average of 6 percent more per year in income than did conservative families."

Umm wasn't it you who posted something about being selfish? Now whi is keeping score? Pathetic.

Please do us a favor and know what you are talking about before you post.

You know, I don't know why we all bother -- when trying to talk to people who have the attitude you do, it's a waste. I am going to agree to disagree and let you continue venting your wrath on us liberals, while I go on about my business doing the things I know are right and, if my belief system (a follower of Jesus) encourages toleration of those less fortunate than I, it follows that I should also tolerate people who have opinions which are far to the right of mine. I'll even let you have the last word which I'm sure you will have.
As to knowing what I'm talking about -- well, I choose not to embarrass you further.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:53 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Jesus invented a UHC when he and his disciples went to people and cured them for no payment. No one was excluded fom his healing.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
In reality, no one knows what Jesus would have thought about a UHC. People may "think" or "believe" they know - but they really do not.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:35 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You know, I don't know why we all bother -- when trying to talk to people who have the attitude you do, it's a waste. I am going to agree to disagree and let you continue venting your wrath on us liberals, while I go on about my business doing the things I know are right and, if my belief system (a follower of Jesus) encourages toleration of those less fortunate than I, it follows that I should also tolerate people who have opinions which are far to the right of mine. I'll even let you have the last word which I'm sure you will have.
As to knowing what I'm talking about -- well, I choose not to embarrass you further.
Clearly you are uninformed and are running away because you simply don't have the ability to make a coherent argument. You malign me by in a very snotty way by disputing widely known facts. When your ignorance is pointed out you retreat into how you are very tolerant when you clearly are not. It is attitudes like this that make people believe those that wrap themselves in religion are hypocrites.

Of course I will have the last word because you are too fearful to have a discussion based on fact, I am sure we will not hear from you again.

The only one you embarrass is yourself.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Jesus invented a UHC when he and his disciples went to people and cured them for no payment. No one was excluded fom his healing.
Jesus was no government and did not force others to pay for what he did.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Exactly right, fellow Texan.

He healed the sick Himself. He didn't demand others pay for it.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People have been forced to do things in the name of Jesus for the past 2000 years.
Who do you think gets the Bill for the religous organisations and buildings that are Tax free? Yes we pay their bit in our taxes.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:51 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,613,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
People have been forced to do things in the name of Jesus for the past 2000 years.
Who do you think gets the Bill for the religous organisations and buildings that are Tax free? Yes we pay their bit in our taxes.
Balony. I -- nor any other Christian -- is "forced" to do a damn thing in the "name of Jesus."

Ok. I'll bite. Who gets the bill? Another straw-man argument. Churches (and that can include ANY, ANYTHING, or ANYBODY) get a tax-exemption from the IRS. Not just Christian churches.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:45 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I think this sums it up.

Jesus was not a politician. The Apostles initially misinterpreted Jesus' role and felt as though he WOULD be a political leader and thier association with him would lead to thier own rise in political power. They were suprised to learn that the messiah was not a political leader and that thier "power" would be in thier salvation not on this earth, but after mortal death. It appears they eventually came around to this notion and embraced it, as Christians do today. For those non-Christians- whatever floats your boat is okay, it just works for me.

Of course his message is charity to all and consideration to the suffering. That is what I thought medicare and medicaid were all about (we already have those systems). Two groups that really need help are those with pre-existing conditions and those who are working(or have lost thier job) and still have assets yet are unable to afford healthcare.

Solution- roll them into medicare and allow an infinite COBRA time period. I agree that no one should have to suffer or lack medical treatment in a humane society. It is just a matter of how to accomplish that task in a simple, relatively cheap manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies