Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:42 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times

Advertisements

What would Jesus think of universal health care?
He'd think....... "Hallelujah...... my work is done"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 08:59 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I think this sums it up.
He would see it for what it is, a way for government to tax each citizen simply as a function of their existence, and one that tosses any citizens in prison for daring not to pay it.

Citizen: But i have a health care plan that takes care of myself and my family.

Government: Sorry sir, your insurance plan does not meet our arbitrarily set government standards, and your are going to prison.

Citizen: What about my children?

Government: They will be wards of the state sir. Now put on that orange jumpsuit and move along.

Nope, I don't think that is very Christian.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:03 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Maybe he would walk into every health insurance building and overturn the tables saying that profit should NOT be the criteria to heal the sick ...................................
This thread is sooooooooooo funny!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
What would Jesus think of universal health care?

He'd think, "While I doth think I can see the nobility in this enterprise, I must say a health scheme run by Pontius Pilate and his fun-loving Centurions might not be so humane. Therefore, render onto Caesar what is Caesars."

Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,865 times
People are missing the joke:

Jesus won't heal this guy because he was sick before he was a Christian; similar to how insurance companies refuse too. In either case you're ****ed. Its been a few days and I still laugh every time I see this photo. Imagine if they made it billboard on the interstate; people would be laughing so hard they would wreck their cars.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
If you read the bible 'he certainly won't approve of the wanting to charge just the rich . He would expedct people to help their brotherr by actaully doing so themsleves ;not shifting the burden to others while avoiding the cost themselves.That is clear when he talks of the servant stealig from his master.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:38 PM

757 posts, read 803,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
People are missing the joke:

Jesus won't heal this guy because he was sick before he was a Christian; similar to how insurance companies refuse too. In either case you're ****ed. Its been a few days and I still laugh every time I see this photo. Imagine if they made it billboard on the interstate; people would be laughing so hard they would wreck their cars.
Have you ever heard the phrase "what would Jesus do"? aka WWJD
I don't think Jesus would ask about pre-existing conditions. Yet Republicans constantly insist the US is a Christian nation?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah and maybe if you pray hard enough he will rain down the money to pay for it...
Or maybe he would condemn us for getting involved in wars of choice (war for that matter) and having bases around the world that cost 500 Billion a year to operate and tell us to STOP and use that money to help pay for universal health care Or maybe he would just tell us we are hopeless - we never have learned a thing and disappear again until we get it right.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Hmmm...

To convert people to Christianity?

Zakat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Christians do missions work to help people. We do not convert at the point of a gun, like Muslims (a false religion) do. We do not kill "infidels". It is not God's commandment to do such. God only commanded that we spread the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus Christ.

One may accept or reject (as Muslims do) the Gospel. Those who believe have eternal life. Those who reject God receive eternal separation from God (Hell).

Sorry. I think you indicated which side you are on by the hyrogliphics you posted (whatever they mean) Obviously, you are a Muslim (probably terrorist) unbeliever. Get lost.l

Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
That's not important, what I think or support, what is important to some is:

I have my own beliefs and opinions which I keep close to my vest, (private)
You may go public with your beliefs, even if it makes you appear foolish to others. I believe "abortion" is a personal and private matter, and is not for other people to decide for the woman. MYOB is my motto.
Since we're on the subject of assumptions, I would imagine you support this:?

George Tiller Killed: Abortion Doctor Shot At Church

So, who is worse, Tiller, or the doctor?
Oh, so killing is a "personal and private matter"? Interesting.

Last time I checked, murder was a Federal Offense.

Being against killing of innocent children makes me "foolish"? Oh, please. How disgusting. You make me want to puke! I can hardly imagine anything more detestible or cruel. Barbaric. Clearly inhumane.

How could anyone support the dismemberment of a child in the womb. How grisly can one be? There is nothing worse. Nothing more worthy of eternal condemnation.

But for those who have suffered under this practice and realized their error, there is forgiveness in Christ. He will remember your sin no more, if you ask for forgiveness. He is trustworthy. He will forgive, if you ask. And so will your Christian brothers and sisters. That is what Christianity is all about. Do not be afraid to confess. You will not be turned away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies