Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As you know, I’m not political. If anything, I would like to see the climate change happen, so the science could be proved right, regardless of the consequences. This isn’t being political, it is being selfish.
You mean its not happening? Repeat; I would like to see climate change HAPPEN, so the science could be PROVED RIGHT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 10:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
I hope Al Gore's Nobel Prize is taken back.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM

This seems more like a whistleblower to me. The file contains all sorts of documents, including a spreadsheet with all the contracts with various governments and organizations....lots of money to be had for Dr. Jones.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,866 times
AAHHHH the left is finally crumbling down hopefully this will be the end of liberals and their stupid agenda.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain†the putative “MWPâ€, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….
The Medieval Warming Period. Contain it...so it doesn't screw up my Hockey Stick.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Old 11-21-2009, 03:59 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, we could always just stockpile a bunch of food and then guide a mile-wide asteroid down on say....Afghanistan.

It would cool the earth a few degrees and get rid of a billion people globally....a huge ecological win for some folks out there.
Are there republicans in Afghanistan??..... hmm....

Old 11-21-2009, 04:47 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
I'm still willing to bet that this is a whole lot of nothing. The wingnut track record on this kind of stuff is full of almost unmitigated failure.

It must kill you all that you jump up and down like monkeys flinging poo, and nobody will take you seriously.

This seems to be of the same cloth as anything else the wingnuts have trumpeted in the last 10 years.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../11/024995.php

This has some really extraordinary emails between the cabal GW scientists when they are asked to provide some data from an expert in plant physiologist regarding Mann's Hockey Stick, based on the tree-ring data.

He asked some very valid questions - which the so-called scientists completely ignore and then warn against engaging him.

Quote:
Again, one might assume that if the science surrounding global warming is settled, the alarmists would have good answers to such basic questions, and certainly would be willing to engage in debate in a spirit of open-minded inquiry. Such, however, is not the case. Phil Jones of East Anglia advised Briffa against trying to respond to the plant scientist on October 20:
The *** and hoax is finally up.

Quote:
On the contrary, the conclusion an observer is likely to draw from the CRU archive is that the climate alarmists are making up the science as they go along and are fitting facts to reach a predetermined conclusion rather than objectively seeking after truth. What they are doing is politics, not science.
Hide the data, delete the emails and other evidence, pressure editors of peer review journals to shun the "deniers", conspire to control the peer review process, change and alter data and apply tricks.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I'm still willing to bet that this is a whole lot of nothing. The wingnut track record on this kind of stuff is full of almost unmitigated failure.

It must kill you all that you jump up and down like monkeys flinging poo, and nobody will take you seriously.

This seems to be of the same cloth as anything else the wingnuts have trumpeted in the last 10 years.
It's good to question science. A true scientist welcomes debate since science is not static and evolves over time. That's the point of science..come up with a hypothesis based on facts which draws you to a conclusion. Other facts come up over time which can poke holes in that hypothesis and then a new one is formed.

Climate is science. The fact that the GW crowd declared it "closed" and not open to debate along with big money and and an entire industry built around it should lead one to question the reality of the whole premise.

GW can be attacked and brought under control much better by the private sector who can innovate and grow. Solar panels, net metering, more energy efficient appliances..all with rebates attached will do much, much more than Goldman Sachs selling "carbon credits" in a derivatives market with Al Gore's software keeping tabs on how much "carbon" is around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies