Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:29 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspironmini View Post
"This is god's country and if you don't believe in MY religion then you should leave. You are wrong and I am right." -Typical American

Thinkin about it, I pretty much agree with you entirely. I don't know how much I enjoy watching everything crumble since I would like to say I have some hope for humanity, but it seems that my hope only fades away each year. The sad thing is that as everything goes to hell (no pun intended), the Christians are perfectly content to do nothing since they believe that the appocalypse and "second coming" is imminent anyways. This of course is based on the book of "revelations" written by an old and mentally ill schizo-paranoid man.

It's disgusting how America has pretty much turned a 180 from the original principles that the country was founded on. Even more disgusting that people are too brainwashed to care.

And about those anti-depressants. It seems that everyone these days has some sort of "problem" that they need their pills for. I do have to say that you are wrong in saying that 1 in 7 need their zoloft so that they don't wake up each morning wanting in to end. The fact of the matter is that most people are not truly clinically depressed and don't need zoloft and prozac for a TRUE chemical imbalance. People just can't deal with their minor life issues anymore ("OMG scotty dumped me! Even though I am rich and live in completely comfort and luxury while people in the 3rd world would be happy just to have clean water to drink, I am so sad!), which is even worse than people being truly depressed.

Feeling a little down today? Well go to the doctor and within 15 minutes you can have your own little prescription to potentially fatal pills. But remember don't even think about smoking marijuana, it's a terrible drug.

This country is so backwards and F'd up. If I didn't have family here I would gladly leave.
And why do you think people in Europe don't take meds for anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 03:46 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,309 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNltujumHU

Old 01-30-2010, 03:52 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times
You missed the point. The reason this was mentioned was to highlight the falseness which is entrenched into the psyche of many Americans. They have everything our Capitalistic Culture worships-money, technology, Kodak moments with the rug-rats- yet still can't find happiness. The implication is that something might be intrinsically wrong here. Every society that put self-interest above the common good has failed. This will be no different. We're working on it, though, while still utilizing the (amended) capitalist model.
Quote:

I just watched a documentary where those were words out of a certain Marxists mouth, nearly verbatim.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:08 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,086,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I don't understand what you are getting at here, and I don't think you understand what I'm saying. This:

Is exactly what I'm trying to say.
So 9/11 did not feel like a strike on your country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies