Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

and now, a musical interlude. From days gone by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyN2KFattFE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,728 times
But this one makes more sense, delu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAHOD...eature=related

Old 01-30-2010, 02:46 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,646,698 times
Do I care about the country (people)?Yes, but I don't like much of what's going on either and I hope that the majority of people look past the distractions (ex: Is Tiger and Elin getting back together?, my race/country/etc is better than yours, etc) and keep both eyes on these leaders. I'm a US citizen and I do like living here, no doubt about that, but this fervent nationalism is dangerous (because that mindset requires a person to be irrational to the 6th degree).

Last edited by David Alleyne; 01-30-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,700,559 times
"If you're going to try to make a one-liner insult as per intelligence, at least have the decency to run a spell-check.

Seriously, I love a good troll as much as the next guy, but that's just sloppy.
Quote:"

Funny, coming from a guy who said "Tick for Tack" instead of "T** for Tat".

Old 01-30-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
So, terrorists=+/-Muslims now?
Pretty much, yes...extremist ones.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Implied by who?

Seriously, I think you have issues that extend beyond the keyboard.
Yeah, he's a 24 yr. old, fresh out of college, idealistic kid.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not hard. Unfortunately its not hard to ignore for alot of people either.

This country is downright shameful in its conduct, but its more than shame: It's murder on a global scale and these military actions are directed against Muslims. Drone attacks are on the rise in Afghanistan. A pilot sitting outside of Las Vegas (another fantasyland that appeals to America, like the fantasy we "fight for freedom and democracy") uses a joystick to kill people in another country and then goes home to watch "American Idol" and have supper with his family.

This country is full of sickness, and a symptom of this is ignorance
Murder on a Global scale. Purely the territory of America? What about the Greek empire? Hmmm...Germany, Italy, and Japan trying to take over the world? North Korea? Fantasy lands only for Americans? What's Monte Carlo then? And you mention American Idol, the parent show coming from England and the other spin-offs...British Idol, Canadian Idol, etc...

Old 01-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! (waves flag furiously)
That's right...just keep that "I just sucked a lemon" expression on your face and make sure you keep that stick where the sun doesn't shine either.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm sure that many Americans would gladly become expatriates if they had the opportunity, whether they admit it or not. Family ties, financial obligations and other factors keep people planted. This country is not the America that many were born into or raised in. It has gone downhill on many levels. The dumbing down is the part that allowed the rest of the unsettling and upsetting things to unfold.

Then why not try fighting the "Dumbing down"? Why do we keep letting educators cave to special interest groups who try to make everything easy to pass for people who don't want to put any effort into working for something?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:23 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Pro Freedom. Pro America. Pro Women. Pro Choice.

You can leave this country.

Bye bye!

Let's play the popular game.......Which Doesn't Belong and Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies