Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
No, O.P. please don't move. You are quite correct. It's an ugly picture at times. But then, the sun comes out after 4 days of torrential rain.
LOL! The torrential rains finally came to an end yesterday and it is SUNNY in SO CAL! Woohoo!

But I digress....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There is no proof of a god thing. It's just another cult.
Show me the proof.
The US is a good country, but there are a lot of good countries out there.

I believe the US lives in fear and that's what's selling.

There's also no proof there ISN'T a God thing (so what difference does it make?) In our tiny existence in this universe who could make a 'proof' call?

Yes, the US lives in fear (and it does indeed sell). But I don't know why the OP would use this as a 'I don't care about my country' argument. I fail to see the connection.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I know what he's referring to, and it should be self evident.

Those Muslims don't want to take your freedoms or your liberty. They just don't believe you are "at liberty" to drop bombs on them ... round them up like cattle and torture them ... assassinate their leaders and replace them with puppets ... and expect to be greeted with flowers upon your invasion of their lands.

Now, just how hard is that to understand?
And here I always thought Texans were as American as they come.

It must be very hard to understand; because, obviously you don't.

Your premise is wrong. You believe the liberal lie (they want to kill us because we are the "ugly Americans"). As I said, a lie.

Muslims hate the West. Why? Because they think our modern ways are evil. Look how they force their women to dress? They look at Western women and they see evil. Temptation flying in their face (Muslim men must be very weak willed).

Muslim's see the West (all of the West, but mostly America) as the Great Satan. They hate capitalism, they hate progress, they hate our higher standard of living, they hate everything about the Western World.

Muslims believe that they are doing God's will to destroy it, to kill the "infidel" (and they will be rewarded for this with 72 virgins. Question: Why would God condone in heaven (fornication with 72 virgins) what he calls sin on earth? This isn't the God that I know. That is why I (and others) have always said that the god of Islam, is not the same God as the one Jews and Christians worship. I doubt Muslims will tell you that their God is the same as the God of the Bible. Yet they will tell you they believe in "one God", making you think that they believe in the same God.

Muslims do not know God. They believe God is "unknowable". But the Bible tells us differently. The Bible was written so that man may know God.

In summary: Your premise is that it is because of something we have done (as Americans) in the world that they hate us. Our very presence all over the Globe. That is wrong. It is their very beliefs that are the problem. It is them. Not us.

They flew two planes into the WTC towers in an act of War against the West (and one into the Pentagon). Another was headed for Washington, presumably the White House, or Congress. This was nothing but evil act of war, motivated by a religious fanaticism that told them the rest of the World is evil and must be destroyed.

Our response was totally justified. We "dropped bombs on them". In my opinion, we should have used "nukes". That would have taken care of the problem immediately. We would not still be over their today, with more American lives lost, and the high cost.

That is why we used the "nukes" in Japan; to save American lives.

Had we done that after 9-11, I think they would have gotten the message. It would have brought them to their knees. Also, Iran wouldn't be the threat that it still is (and even more dangerous under this President, who they see as weak).

There is a time to use Nuclear weapons. That time has now passed. It was a big mistake. The world would have been a safer place, and many people would not have had to die.

Finally, we did not torture anybody. The "left" doesn't know what torture is. They have redefined it. But we have seen the Muslims torture. Do you think beheading is not torture? Rape rooms?

Think again, smart guy. You'd better learn to love your country.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM

228 posts, read 483,332 times
^^^^ Typical America arrogance and ignorance combined into one response.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
So, terrorists=+/-Muslims now?
All the WTC terrorists were Muslims (both times).
"Underpants bomber": Muslim
Fort Hood terrorist: Muslim
"Shoe Bomber": Muslim

The common thread among all terrorist attacks in recent history: Muslims.

Further, most Muslim organizations in this country are strangely silent. They do not condemn these attacks.

And we know that CAIR has been tied to terrorist organizations, and sends money to them. Get the picture?

Why are Americans so stupid? The Muslims know we are. And they take full advantage of that fact.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:39 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Oh my. Noodles wrapped around cranberries?!
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspironmini View Post
^^^^ Typical America arrogance and ignorance combined into one response.
It is neither arrogance, nor ignorance. It is recognizing the world that we live in. There is evil in the world. Liberty must always be defended, because evil always wants to take it away.

Why is it "arrogance" to recognize reality?

Ignorance is thinking that we can make them "love" us, if we are just "nice". Ignorance, is not recognizing that they have been taught that our way of life is "evil". Ignorance is assuming that we can change them.

WAKE UP!

One more thing:

We have paid in blood for our liberty. Not once but many times. We have always had to pay the price of freedom in blood.

Until this world is purged of evil (which will never happen) liberty will have to be bought with blood. It's well worth the price. But recognize that it cannot be avoided. Because there is always evil out there that wants to take it from us. Today, it happens to be the Muslims of the world. Tomorrow, it may be the Chinese, or the Koreans (again).

Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,443 times
Quote:
I won't leave because:

I enjoy the natural geography
I enjoy being relatively close to my parents
I speak the language. My favorite country in the world would require a new language and complete re-socialization, a task I'm much too lazy for.
Bunch of excuses but "lazy" is the operative word.

You have to work hard to succeed in the US. Always have.

Did you have a job when you "lived abroad"? Did you see 50% + of your paycheck turned over to the government so your neighbor without a job could live just as nicely as you did? Or were you too busy using your parents money, earned in America, to see the sights every chance you had?

When a 20-something has anything to say about politics, the country s/he lives in, the economy, etc.,....nobody with any life experience really cares.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I care about this country. But I care about others too, particularly the ones in which I'd like to visit, revisit, and possibly live in one day.
Well, that's just fine and dandy; unless they are trying to kill you. Then, what do you do? Let them?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
This place was founded literally to fight religious integration into political life.
What???! "This place"? Meaning, 'America'? What "history book" did you get that out of?

Our founders were very religious. They gave God credit for this land. They prayed constantly. They sought to do what? Tell me again.

This is ignorance on display. You do not know the history of this country. You have been fed a lie.

Quote:
Kinda fu**** up that now Americans search for lands for the same reason.

With dumb people breeding at mind-boggling rates, we've come full circle.

America ftw!
Again; what? Are you smokin' something? Are you on drugs?

Sorry. But this is absolutely disgusting. Are you American? Don't sound like one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies