Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:12 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Are you from Berkeley or somewhere in the northwest corner of the country? Try living in another country for a few years and then tell us how you feel about America. By the way, many of the problems you cited were caused by people with a more liberal and anti-american view like yourself. Public school teachers more focused on social indoctrination and sex ed than teaching their students how to read, write, and math which is why homeschooling is increasing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
And yet I still get entangled in political arguments for their own sake. I believe the masses deserve their misery. My favorite (abbreviated)greatest hits list:

A literal majority of Americans believe an invisible Jewish Zombie suspended the laws of physics and created the world in about a week. This is with the internet(free education), public library's(free education), and so on.

1 on 7 Americans are on antidepressants. Yes: we live in the greatest age in human history(if lack of sectarian violence, increased technology etc mean anything to you). Really digest that: 1 in 7 people are so utterly miserable that they lent themselves to a doctor(whom they don't know)to prescribe a drug(which they don't understand) to allow them to wake up in the morning without wanting to end it all.

1 in 5 Americans believe Sun revolves around the Earth.

The majority enjoy calling those willing to kill people they've never met for a cause they don't understand "hero's" for a vague sense of community.

I enjoy watching it all crumble. I suggest you consider the same approach, here and elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oww4Ap3YZA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 PM

768 posts, read 942,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are you from Berkeley or somewhere in the northwest corner of the country? Try living in another country for a few years and then tell us how you feel about America. By the way, many of the problems you cited were caused by people with a more liberal and anti-american view like yourself. Public school teachers more focused on social indoctrination and sex ed than teaching their students how to read, write, and math which is why homeschooling is increasing.
I've lived abroad for 2 of my 24 years. I could go over the pluses and minuses tick-for-tack, but it misses the point.

When making a defense of a "side," it's not considered a "rebuttal" to simply say "well they suck, too!"

Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Don't know what you are referring to here. We do have a right (and a responsibility) to defend our liberty from those who wish to take it from us. We understand that cause: Muslims want to take our liberty from us. We must make sure that they do not.
I know what he's referring to, and it should be self evident.

Those Muslims don't want to take your freedoms or your liberty. They just don't believe you are "at liberty" to drop bombs on them ... round them up like cattle and torture them ... assassinate their leaders and replace them with puppets ... and expect to be greeted with flowers upon your invasion of their lands.

Now, just how hard is that to understand?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
And yet I still get entangled in political arguments for their own sake. I believe the masses deserve their misery. My favorite (abbreviated)greatest hits list:

A literal majority of Americans believe an invisible Jewish Zombie suspended the laws of physics and created the world in about a week. This is with the internet(free education), public library's(free education), and so on.

1 on 7 Americans are on antidepressants. Yes: we live in the greatest age in human history(if lack of sectarian violence, increased technology etc mean anything to you). Really digest that: 1 in 7 people are so utterly miserable that they lent themselves to a doctor(whom they don't know)to prescribe a drug(which they don't understand) to allow them to wake up in the morning without wanting to end it all.

The majority enjoy calling those willing to kill people they've never met for a cause they don't understand "hero's" for a vague sense of community.

I enjoy watching it all crumble. I suggest you consider the same approach, here and elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oww4Ap3YZA

Just really curious here, WHAT!Meds are you taking again.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Just really curious here, WHAT!Meds are you taking again.
Hateraide.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Hateraide.
You know, if you guys get together and just start randomly waiving flags, you might feel better about the fact that you can't manufacture an argument.

Really-taking comfort in numbers without thinking is something Americans specialize in. You'll love it.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

you say a week like there is no such thing as God. since God is a supreme being, time to him probably is not the same as us mortals.
6 days to God might be the same as 4 billion years, but how is anyone to know? guess people will find out after they pass on.

if you dont really care about the founding principles of the greatest country on the planet, then move to one that is more agreeable with principles that are closer to your own.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Those Muslims don't want to take your freedoms or your liberty. Now, just how hard is that to understand?
I think you are the one who does not understand. Have you read the Qur'an ?
Somehow I doubt it.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I think you are the one who does not understand. Have you read the Qur'an ?
Somehow I doubt it.
Have you? Cover-to-cover?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you say a week like there is no such thing as God. since God is a supreme being, time to him probably is not the same as us mortals.
6 days to God might be the same as 4 billion years, but how is anyone to know? guess people will find out after they pass on.

if you dont really care about the founding principles of the greatest country on the planet, then move to one that is more agreeable with principles that are closer to your own.

Where might that be, ANOTHER PLANET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies