Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You equate an Obama sticker with a Nazi symbol??
Not me. THe NAZI party actually improved prosperity in Germany for a few years.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:40 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,692 times
I'm a liberal, and I don't hate the South. Kinda silly to write off a whole region because of political differences (that don't even apply to everyone in said region, anyway).

On the other hand, far too many on the "other side" attack my home state (California) or my region (the Bay Area) all the time. So it goes both ways.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You equate an Obama sticker with a Nazi symbol??
Not exactly, Nazis have never had an ounce of power in my life but mindless Obama supporters continue to push our country to the edge of destruction.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Not to mention... the weather is better than those northern locations. Having said that if weather were the only determining factor in me staying in the Cleveland area...well... I'd have to say, I would have moved to Florida a long time ago. However; it isn't the only factor, and not to mention, moving to a warmer climate isn't always a guarantee for happiness. I do want to be a snowbird someday, so that I can have the best of both worlds, if you know what I mean. But that, is a long way off.

As I've said before... I've been to about 17 states in my lifetime, and would love to someday see all of them. Texas is one that is definitely on my radar. My buddy lived in San Antonio for awhile, and loved it! I told him I wanted to see San Antonio, as well as Houston and Dallas. He told me forget those 2, as they are both Hell holes worse than Cleveland. Matter of opinion I guess.
Nobody ever retires and moves up North.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
Born and raised in the northeast. Traveled to and lived in the southeast. Don't hate the south or southerners in general. Find some of their qualities/culture redeeming. South is like anywhere else.....good and bad.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Nobody ever retires and moves up North.
I wouldn't say nobody. My grandparents (R.I.P.) retired, and moved to Daytona Beach back in the early 80s. They came back to Ohio in 1986 and stayed here until they died. My grandfather passed away in December of 2001, and my grandmother in May of last year. It's not that they didn't like Florida, but they missed their family.

God I miss them. They were 2 of the most wonderful people you'd ever want to meet.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Lot of these puffy know it all nothing liberals probably grew up in the south and now think they're better than those redneck hillbilly gun totin bible thumpers due to their liberal indoctrination in college so lash out at their birthplace to impress their fellow former redneck liberal buddies. They also drive around in a Prius or Volt instead of a pickup and make fun of them driving those earth killing gas guzzlers too.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM

178 posts, read 328,746 times
We're from central New York state and would like to move back to be closer to our families, but we cannot afford it! NY is SO expensive with all the taxes, heating bills, etc. that we'd need twice the income we have now, living quite comfortably in NE Florida. Ideally, we could be snowbirds but much younger hubby is still working. We liberals lived in a very Republican ruled county for 16 years and recently moved to a much more diverse and accepting area only 30 miles away. We don't hate the South - we love the weather and most of the people we've met. It's the religious wrong and their ruling class that we dislike. But all the 50 states have areas that are liberal and conservative, and when I read the comments in the 'back home' online publications, they could be from anywhere. There are people on both sides of the fence no matter where you live - you just have to find your niche if possible.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Lot of these puffy know it all nothing liberals probably grew up in the south and now think they're better than those redneck hillbilly gun totin bible thumpers due to their liberal indoctrination in college so lash out at their birthplace to impress their fellow former redneck liberal buddies. They also drive around in a Prius or Volt instead of a pickup and make fun of them driving those earth killing gas guzzlers too.
That's just as ridiculous as the people who bash the South. Stop trying to marginalize others' opinions, and actually make arguments.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Or, us Southern liberals could tell them about how many towns here are still divided along racial lines and how being politically difference can result in cars with Obama stickers being keyed or Houses with Obama Biden Signs having dummy's strung up in a tree and "hung".

Or maybe you can tell us which region of the states that this does not occur ? Oh you can't? That's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies