Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Really? That's all you got?

Anyway, what's your point, other than you can't deny it?

Whatever. Typical WC deflection.

POP goes the fun bags! Sag goes the forehead! Buh-bye goes the Benz! All for appearances...no wonder the WC types are so scared of the land of real people. Without all the pretense, someone might actually have be human and liked for who they are, not for who they paid for themselves to look like.

There's a reason the OC is huge in the hole when it comes to foreclosures. #15 in when it comes to counties i the US and #2 in the state of CA.... and the state of CA itself is the top 5 when it comes to foreclosure rates in the ENTIRE country.

So, go ahead. Talk smack about the south. Might be a little chubby or have a nose-bump or two, might even have real tatters...but given the statistics, ain't gonna have to 'splain to the bank man why no funds been put up fo' 6 months on the Home Goods mansion let alone 'splain to the nay-bors why the Benz wuz carted uh-way.

I have no idea what you are talking about & none of it has anything to do with the subject of the South. Maybe you can start your own thread about your hate for California & make everyone laugh at you. How about staying on topic, jersey?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about & none of it has anything to do with the subject of the South. Maybe you can start your own thread about your hate for California & make everyone laugh at you. How about staying on topic, jersey?
How about you connect the dots and follow along?

Or at least pretend to?

Seriously, stop deflecting and playing "Who? ME?".

Missed where the discussion of "discipline", that you participated in, was on topic for this thread...?

If you don't like what you got served, I'd suggest you watch what you think out loud.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
per op
i dont-- but you are probably referring to all the AA posts attacking the south, its racial hatred flying under radar. racism, a monster cleverly hiding behind an invisible bush.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
How about you connect the dots and follow along?

Or at least pretend to?

Seriously, stop deflecting and playing "Who? ME?".

Missed where the discussion of "discipline", that you participated in, was on topic for this thread...?

If you don't like what you got served, I'd suggest you watch what you think out loud.
Whatever, jersey!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Liberals generally hate the South because they believe it's the complete opposite of what they stand for.

Progressive (is this term self-congratulatory or what?)
Diversity
Education
Wealth

So to be "southern" in effect means to be backwards, xenophobic, uneducated and poor. All bad things for the most part. That's why liberals get so mad if you label anywhere they live or anything they do as "southern." If you call Northern Virginia "southern," for example, a liberal will bite your head off and name the 104 reasons Northern Virginia is not southern despite its confederate history. If you go to Richmond and tell a liberal he lives in the South, he'll reply, "Yeah, but we are NOT like Alabama or Mississippi!"

After that, you should find a liberal in Northern Virginia and say, "You know, Northern Virginia reminds me so much of Boston." They'll hastily agree with you. There'll be no protest: "Northern Virginia may be northern, but we're NOT like Massachusetts!" Oh no, no. Being called a "northerner" is a compliment to liberals; being called a "southerner" is one of the most disgusting insults you could possibly jettison their direction. There's this constant effort to distance themselves from the South and get closer to the North (preferably New England). But of course, they'll never admit that if you confront them about it.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM

340 posts, read 495,939 times
Goes back to the civil war.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Seems like every time you bring up Texas or Alabama or some other southern state liberals jump all you with illogical and mocking comments.
I think many of them are racists and they use their "Southern hatred" to mask their true feelings.

Others are probably jealous. They resent the fact that people are migrating to warmer climates.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
As a southerner, I get tired of the slanted views of the South, but I don't see the need to start a thread obviously intended to start an extended argument.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
I'm a liberal, and I'm southern...so what was your point...I mean other than a slam against liberals.

My dad often said "We don't care how y'all do it up north."

Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Liberals don't like the South so because the South don't vote for them.

Any group that don't vote liberal is villified by liberals.

If you don't think exactly like a liberal then you should starve in the streets for all they care. They would prefer if you die. Then they they don't have to worry about diversity. You know, as they accuse you of being close-minded for not thinking exactly as MSNBC says you should think.

Liberals. Who needs 'em?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies