Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,394,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You've obviously never been to the southern states.

Why would you think someone from the OC wouldn't "survive" in the south?

Is it because there aren't as many fake boobs walking around at full attention? Less lipo suctioned thighs? More "real" noses? Un-botoxed faces and no fish lips? Oh the horror! Restaurants NOT in STRIP MALLS? More people living within their means b/c they don't need to impress their neighbors with their million dollar over-mortgaged houses (that are in the first stage of the foreclosure process) furnished by Home Goods? People driving around in 5 year old + trucks, who own them, as opposed to driving around in a brand new leased Benz they can't afford and only have it for show? No sense of "gotta keep up with the Jones family" to see whose house gets auctioned off first while paying off the "important" stuff...like face lifts, hair extensions, etc?

Living in a world where the high school mentality is alive and kicking is really pathetic.
Wow, did you write that all by yourself?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Did you say something? Never-mind
Soon enough kiddo, you will learn, the USMC will do you good. Maybe you'll get a little more dimmension on respect there.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO. Wont you at least throw in a flashlight along with the roadmap?
Tex, you're killin' me! Well...OK...a flashlight it is! And I'll even make it a 4D MagLite!

Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
It's not that liberals hate the South. It's that stupid Northerners (and maybe a few stupid Westerners) don't have the vaguest idea of what the South is like except for what they see on TV.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:00 PM

61 posts, read 35,229 times
The south is conservative and some places here are very "backwards" as one might call it. Not including Florida (exception of the panhandle) and the some cities in Texas.

Conservative try to tell the way other people should live. When in reality it isn't none of their business in the first place.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLove View Post
The south is conservative and some places here are very "backwards" as one might call it. Not including Florida (exception of the panhandle) and the some cities in Texas.

Conservative try to tell the way other people should live. When in reality it isn't none of their business in the first place.
I don't see Conservative that way. Likewise I've seen Liberalism as, telling people what they should have in their homes, rely on the police to protect yourself, ban every gun in sight "because they kill people" (really, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!), abstain from really disciplining your kids (spanking and stuff), hike up taxes to high heaven, and still think like a teenager well into your 50s.

So as long as I live in a place that values the First and Second Ammendment, and living "backwards" (really just simpler, which isn't bad at all) then I'm all for it.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I don't see Conservative that way. Likewise I've seen Liberalism as, telling people what they should have in their homes, rely on the police to protect yourself, ban every gun in sight "because they kill people" (really, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!), abstain from really disciplining your kids (spanking and stuff), hike up taxes to high heaven, and still think like a teenager well into your 50s.

So as long as I live in a place that values the First and Second Ammendment, and living "backwards" (really just simpler, which isn't bad at all) then I'm all for it.
Do you believe adults have the right to hit their kids? Did you get hit by your parents. I don't think so. Let me tell you from someone who knows, when a parent starts beating up on their own kids they deserve to get arrested or at least reported to the Dept of Protective Services. I will never hit my kids when I get married.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Do you believe adults have the right to hit their kids? Did you get hit by your parents. I don't think so. Let me tell you from someone who knows, when a parent starts beating up on their own kids they deserve to get arrested or at least reported to the Dept of Protective Services. I will never hit my kids when I get married.
What you are thinking of is Child Abuse, which is intentional, and from a parent that has issues and exists over a period of time. Punishment, such as spanking is quick and delivers a message. It's called conditioning if you want to get psychological with it.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
What you are thinking of is Child Abuse, which is intentional, and from a parent that has issues and exists over a period of time. Punishment, such as spanking is quick and delivers a message. It's called conditioning if you want to get psychological with it.
Some parents use a belt & call it a spanking but regret it when their kids tell a teacher at school. My brothers & I started fighting back with my dad & now he's afraid of us even though I would never hit him unless he tried to hit me again.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,680 times
Quote:
Wow, did you write that all by yourself?
Really? That's all you got?

Anyway, what's your point, other than you can't deny it?

Whatever. Typical WC deflection.

POP goes the fun bags! Sag goes the forehead! Buh-bye goes the Benz! All for appearances...no wonder the WC types are so scared of the land of real people. Without all the pretense, someone might actually have be human and liked for who they are, not for who they paid for themselves to look like.

There's a reason the OC is huge in the hole when it comes to foreclosures. #15 in when it comes to counties in the US and #2 in the state of CA.... and the state of CA itself is in the top 5 when it comes to foreclosure rates in the ENTIRE country.

So, go ahead. Talk smack about the south. Might be a little chubby or have a nose-bump or two, might even have real tatters...but given the statistics, ain't gonna have to 'splain to the bank man why no funds been put up fo' 6 months on the Home Goods mansion let alone 'splain to the nay-bors why the Benz wuz carted uh-way.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies