Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM

900 posts, read 673,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
So only liberals can be racially tolerant?

I have found that the average conservative is VERY racially tolerant. Generalizations like some perpetuate are a big problem as to why the country has so much division
Yes, right wingers are extremely tolerant - just as long as those 'inferior races' know their place!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Like all cultures, the South has a lot to be admired. A streak of independence in some circles. A "neighbor" culture, where people genuinely care and have love for those nearby. The women. Can't say enough here. As a northerner, there is no nuance; no alternative. No place in Europe, to include Italy and Spain, that comes close. The South has the hottest women in the world, by far. When I was in Austin it was hard to walk around and not get arrested for indecent exposure.

But alas, the charms are outweighed by the negatives for me. Speaking in statistically-based generalities, relative to the North:

The hatred of all things non-white.

Religious stupidity resulting in a myriad of pain and suffering, to include: worse schools, some even suggesting Creationism taught alongside Evolution(this is a country already struggling in math and science relative to The Orient), women staying in abusive relationship for retarded religious reasons. The general stupidity permeating through a person in a competitive workplace that results in belief in the unbelievable, etc.

The dismissal of intelligentsia and all things learned as work of "liberals." This results in a lot of pain as well; the list is too long to detail

Obesity

Smoking culture

Shortest life-span

Hatred of gays, rooted in stupidity and ignorance(see above)

An unwillingness to simply learn and progress in general. See: love of tobacco and alcohol while having the harshest marijuana laws in all of North America

And on and on. The root of The Stupid could have its' collective head chopped off by an increase in education and a subsequent dismissal of religion.
Great post!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Yes, right wingers are extremely tolerant - just as long as those 'inferior races' know their place!
Right. Some Southerns [very few btw] want ignorance to be "tolerated" and can't understand why people laugh & make fun of them. Will they ever learn?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Suggesting that everyone in the south is in an abusive relationship because of religion, saying we have a hatred for all things non-white, smoking is understandable because it was/is grown here so I don't know why you bothered to list it

The hatred of gays is a rural/urban difference not a north/south difference.

And I don't know where you are getting the dismissal of intelligentsia from at all.

And I further don't know how you can possibly suggest that people in the south drink any more than people in the north - I mean you are the people with clubs and everything and what not if you get what i'm saying...
He is absolutely correct. Try looking at some national statistics and see which are the lowest ranking states for things like health, education, standard of living, etc. etc. They are all southern states, with Mississippi, Alabama, and Lousiana invariable always in the bottom five.

Education simply isn't valued in the South. The dumber you are, the more they like you. Drop your 'g' from any verb, like Sarah Palin, and you'll be one of them.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
He is absolutely correct. Try looking at some national statistics and see which are the lowest ranking states for things like health, education, standard of living, etc. etc. They are all southern states, with Mississippi, Alabama, and Lousiana invariable always in the bottom five.

Education simply isn't valued in the South. The dumber you are, the more they like you. Drop your 'g' from any verb, like Sarah Palin, and you'll be one of them.
Those states you listed have very few, if any major city in them. What I was trying to say is that he is listing differences between rural areas and urban areas, not necessarily north/south. That was my only point.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Seems like every time you bring up Texas or Alabama or some other southern state liberals jump all you with illogical and mocking comments.
Because the South doesn't submit to the marxist agenda of the far-left.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Seems like every time you bring up Texas or Alabama or some other southern state liberals jump all you with illogical and mocking comments.
I dunno, why do right wingers start ridiculous threads based on absolutely nothing?

Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,673,812 times
I'm still waiting for some support for the claim that Southern California tried to secede from California.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Denial of what they helped create and whose "pre-war" policies they currently employ to keep a strangle hold on minority voters through replacing a "plantation system" of producers with a government entitlement system of "non-producers".

Just as the South could not survive without the import of manufactured goods from the North, nor could the North continue to enjoy its comforts without the agriculture produced, in part, via the labor in the South.

The bitter seed of failing to admit their own role and the violations of the Constitution by the North and the President that led to the war between the states festers unknowingly in them like a splinter so deep in the skin that one cannot see it.

The poison is evident in their speech and additudes toward their stereotypes of the "old South" and toward those who cherish their ancestry there. It is no different than the contempt show by the political Carpetbaggers who bought the newly freed slaves and their votes through "40 acres and a mule" bribery which simultaneously gave birth to the "entitlement" system and indebtedness to party loyalty.

There is also shame from the Democrats that it was the Republicans rather than themselves that were in the forefront of pushing the legislation that brought into law the Civil Rights acts. For this shame they try to hide the true history of their party's racism by playing the race card toward the "South" at every available opportunity.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:44 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
GMOH? Can I ask one simple question that, really, has been asked over the past two years?

WHY are you still here???

I don't understand. You hate the South and Texas in particular...and make no secret of it. You go by the moniker of "getmeoutahere" and how you are in purgatory. WHAT -- fer gawds sake is keeping you here???

As Lonestar2007 asked a while back, are you chained to a tree?

I swear to the Lord above, I can dig up the money to "get you outta here". One way ticket on Southwest Airlines or Delta.

Hey, got an idee! If YOU will take me up on the offer, I WILL come thru on my end of it.

In fact? Just to prove how serious I am? Here she goes:

Hey? Any Texans/Southerners wanna contribute to the fund of getting "getmeouttahere" outta the South? I will start with $100.

LOL--You're far more generous than I am, pardner; I'll contibute a road map for him. It may not be worth $100 but it'll sure show 'im all the roads leadin' outta town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies