Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
So let me get this straight....everyone who goes to Vegas is spending the mortgage or the college fund.

hussein obama is such a disgusting crud, he will say people go there to gamble away their money for their kids college funds or their morgage and then goes to Vegas and gambles OUR tax dollars to buy up all the homes with OUR money. This bum has got to go!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100219/D9DV7SS00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
The mayor should put his own political statements aside and do what's best for the city. He would have done better to take the high road and met with the President. The good press would have been much better for the city. Now, he just looks bitter. He would have gotten much more mileage out of a good meeting and probably some really great soundbites to use in advertising the city.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
The mayor should put his own political statements aside and do what's best for the city. He would have done better to take the high road and met with the President. The good press would have been much better for the city. Now, he just looks bitter. He would have gotten much more mileage out of a good meeting and probably some really great soundbites to use in advertising the city.
HE DID WHATS BEST FOR THE CITY - Obama was not welcomed to the city.

OBTW - the Famous Las Vegas Strip - the one most tourists see, is actually NOT IN THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS. Most people don't know this little factoid.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:59 PM

hussein obama did not do what's best for the city, he did what he does best, BUY VOTES!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
HE DID WHATS BEST FOR THE CITY - Obama was not welcomed to the city.

OBTW - the Famous Las Vegas Strip - the one most tourists see, is actually NOT IN THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS. Most people don't know this little factoid.
What is it part of then, just Clark County. I lived in Vegas a while back (Silverado Ranch) and I never knew it was not part of the city.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
or how about ATLANTIC CITY they gamble there too!
how about state lotteries? powerball? stock market? gold? I'm sure he can annoy a much broader audience.

The bigger question is whether he really believes it's places like Vegas that make college education so financially difficult for millions of Americans.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama did not do what's best for the city, he did what he does best, BUY VOTES!
We all know the way to buy American votes is by telling them to save money and not by writing them a check for 300 dollars.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
We all know the way to buy American votes is by telling them to save money and not by writing them a check for 300 dollars.

Maybe you should read how hussein obama is buying votes:

My Way News - Obama to tout housing help Friday in Las Vegas

Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Mayor of Las Vegas essentially tells the President to go to hell after the POTUS makes some derogatory remarks about Las Vegas (this was the second time).

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) - Mayor Oscar Goodman has refused an invitation to meet with President Obama when he arrives in town on Thursday. Mayor Goodman called President Obama a slow learner after he told Americans not to blow money on a weekend in Las Vegas if they were saving to put their kids through college.

"I've got other things to do quite frankly for my constituents here in Las Vegas who rely on me to do the right thing as a mayor," explained Mayor Goodman.

Las Vegas Mayor Goodman rejects Obama invitation - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:.
This is not a derogatory statement - this is good advice.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This is not a derogatory statement - this is good advice.
It's not rocket science. Barry O could have given that advice without singling out one city with an already high percentage of enemployed workers. The (I wish I was really grown up enough to be) POTUS chose to single out one city. Why didn't he tell people to stop spending the childrens' college funds on theme parks in Orlando? Oh wait, I know. He did that once and was told that the Disney enterprise was one of his big supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies