Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a long line forming at the Supreme Court.

If someone wants to pay me, I'll save your place in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM

513 posts, read 542,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why do you call stuff you dont want to know, "spin"? You all do that.

The fact remains, you dont have to buy insurance, you are not forced to buy insurance.Yes.

But you dont have to buy it. The other posters were claiming you're forced to buy insurance -- you're not.
Technically, yes, I "don't have" to buy HC insurance. But...if you don't buy it - you will be penalized.

Funny, I have to buy car insurance if I want to drive a car - but - I don't pay a penalty if I choose not to drive/own a car (because a lot of supporters I hear are trying to use car insurance as a comparison)

Maybe someone can show me a clause where the Fed Gov't can penalize you for NOT purchasing a commodity. I'd be interested to read it.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:18 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,333,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
Technically, yes, I "don't have" to buy HC insurance. But...if you don't buy it - you will be penalized.

Funny, I have to buy car insurance if I want to drive a car - but - I don't pay a penalty if I choose not to drive/own a car (because a lot of supporters I hear are trying to use car insurance as a comparison)

Maybe someone can show me a clause where the Fed Gov't can penalize you for NOT purchasing a commodity. I'd be interested to read it.
But, but mandating car insurance IS the same as mandating health insurance. Honest.

Don't want to pay for car insurance or fines or get thrown in jail? Government solution = don't drive.

Don't want to pay for health insurance or fines or get thrown in jail? Government solution = don't live.

See? It's the same.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,669,155 times
Grandstanding by right-wingers. There is nothing to these claims. They might get filed, but they won't win.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,833,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is a set up for the biggest mess in history.
We are in the midst of the biggest mess in history, Unfortunately the health care bill is like mopping the floor with blueberry jam.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,027,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Idaho first to sign law against health care reform

Idaho first to sign law against health care reform

Virginia Politics Blog - Cuccinelli's office confirms Virginia will sue over health care

This should be fun it obamacare passes - hopefully there will be an injunction on the legislation and tied up in the courts for a while.

I don't think I've ever witnessed the public and individual states so opposed to legislation proposed by the WH and Congress. This is truly unprecedented.

CNSNews.com - Levin's Landmark Legal Foundation to File Immediate Constitutional Challenge If House Dems Try to Pass Health-Care Without Actually Voting on It (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/62939 - broken link)

I think it would be just grand if the states and individuals said "up yours" to the federal government and refused to comply with their unconstitutional laws.
I think it's great - but don't stop there. The States can forgo payments from the Federal Government for Medicaid as well

Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 PM

513 posts, read 542,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
But, but mandating car insurance IS the same as mandating health insurance. Honest.

Don't want to pay for car insurance or fines or get thrown in jail? Government solution = don't drive.

Don't want to pay for health insurance or fines or get thrown in jail? Government solution = don't live.

See? It's the same.
Dang! You're right - it is the same!!!

+1 for you!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,313,630 times
Gee, nobody forces you to file your tax return either. You can opt out and just pay the penalty.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:07 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Grandstanding by right-wingers. There is nothing to these claims. They might get filed, but they won't win.
Not to mention the slow pace of the legal process. Obama's grandkids will be in the Oval Office before they are addressed.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,927,188 times
i just heard that another legislator changed their vote to yes, so by my count they are one vote away from getting it done on sunday.

if this passes on sunday, every disgusted american needs to get involved to see that these people lose their election bids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies