Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM

380 posts, read 642,916 times

Advertisements

So sad. While western European countries are in overtime figuring out ways to get out of their horrible expensive entitlement programs, we're making the same mistake they did. Obama and co are getting exactly what they want, to make the U.S. into "just another country," where success is penalized in the interests of the greater good. But in the end, everyone loses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM

638 posts, read 930,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
I bet that's just a real neutral source there.
Well considering what some of the tea party demonstrators were shouting at congressmen here in DC this weekend. I would consider at least that group a very racist lot. There were shouts of sp*c, f*g and the like. Very adult behavior from a group of people opposed to a certain government action. I may not agree with someone however degenerating to fourth grade shouting tantrums when addressing government officials seems a bit out of sorts to me.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
*sigh. I fear common sense may have surrendered a long time ago...about the same time we decided it was a good idea to create an entire class of citizens who were dependent on the government for food, shelter, and clothing. Why not add health care? After all, do we really want a country full of responsible people capable of taking of themselves without having to rely on the government?

People who are dependent on the government are certainly more cooperative, aren't they? Can anyone think of a reason the government might want to make you dependent on them? Come on...you can do it. Just think!
Well I for one would hate to go back to a world without government legislation in place that protects it’s citizenry. That world would look a little bit like a Dickens novel. A large populace working around 80 hours a week for meager wages. A large child working class. Massive slums of overcrowded tenements with many left to die in the streets. Sounds very utopian and cozy. The people taking care of themselves.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,738 times
Can you say that again?

Quote:
im assuming your way out then to let the rest of us live in peace?
Love that grammar!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Well considering what some of the tea party demonstrators were shouting at congressmen here in DC this weekend. I would consider at least that group a very racist lot. There were shouts of sp*c, f*g and the like. Very adult behavior from a group of people opposed to a certain government action. I may not agree with someone however degenerating to fourth grade shouting tantrums when addressing government officials seems a bit out of sorts to me.
I don't believe the Tea people were the ones shouting out racist insults. I think it was your people using the backs of minorities to further your Marxist push.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Stats of what, unemployment?
1937 Jan 15.1
1938 Jan 17.4
However at the end of the day government spending did break the back of the great depression. WWII opened government coffers to the point of nearly 75% of the overall GDP at the time. This money flowed directly to manufacturing companies in support for the great war machine. Without this direct subsidy, many of these plants would have gone under. So yes the “New Deal” did have limited effects in the overall economy however this fact is understandable considering the limited dollar figure attributed to it. To argue however that government interference does not work because of the New Deals failure is disingenuous at best considering the profound affect that the later government war time economy had on generating jobs and the boost it gave to the overall economy.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I don't believe the Tea people were the ones shouting out racist insults. I think it was your people using the backs of minorities to further your Marxist push.

No it was tea party protesters. They have it on video. Additionally I saw some of it with my own eyes. Additionally "my people" LOL. I really don't think you know who my people are. I have not identified my party standing. LOL, I just do not agree with school yard bullying tactics when addressing serious issues. Name calling is uncalled for. Stick to the facts.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:03 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,812,184 times
Take the body of John Boehner (R) with ya when ya leave Crusader14....

Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Stats of what, unemployment?
1937 Jan 15.1
1938 Jan 17.4
Economist of both the fiscal and monetary schools point to Roosevelt's adoption of not New Deal policies but the very policies that today's conservative advocate, reductions in Federal expenditures and tightening the money supply for causing the 1937 recession.

So thanks for pointing out, inadvertently I am sure, the correctness of Democratic policies.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
All empires come to an end just didn't see this one happening so soon. It has taken the past 65 years to come down and it happened last night.
to this I sayeth:

YouTube - Peter Shaffer's Amadeus in 30 seconds

Go find a house in Costa Rica!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies