Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And this is the country you want to see? A lawless gang of government thugs stealing more of our money??

Man ... TOS prevents me ....
Let me ask you a question.

Do you have insurance? If so, you've got nothing to worry about. If not, you'll likely have your insurance paid for. If you have enough money to pay for your insurance, and don't, thats another issue entirely.

Now, let me ask you another question.

If you find out you have bone cancer tomorrow, arguably the most painful cancer, would you go to the doctor for treatment, without insurance.

I don't like the government mandating anything, and if they allow doctors and hospitals to deny care for those who can't afford it, I'm all for letting this bill go.

However, that will never happen. The way it is now, you don't pay insurance, although you can afford it. Then, when you get sick, you go to the doctor, he has to care for you, and then I get stuck with the bill, because you were greedy with your money.

I was already paying for your insurance, you're just pissed, because now the bill has come due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And this is the country you want to see? A lawless gang of government thugs stealing more of our money??

Man ... TOS prevents me ....

What planet have you been residing on?

Welcome to Earth.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
Good luck with that. I love how all the Tea Partiers hate government, and yet cant wait to become a part of it.
Or collect their Social Security and Medicare. Judging from their pictures, I am estimating that most of them collected way more from Medicare than they paid in!

http://www.truthout.org/files/images/091509R_story.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who the f*** do you think is popping champagne?

Havent you heard, the insurance companies made out like bandits under the new H.C. bill. They didnt see all their money go anywhere, they know it, Congress knows it, and the lobbyists know it.

Americans? Not so much.
I more or less felt this way too until I was talking to a friend I went out to dinner with who works in health care. He reminded me that even though the insurance industry gets new customers, they have to insure the risky people that before were bad for their books. There will be a cost to them as well when they have to start helping thousands of people with preexisting conditions and those who were previously "uninsurable" for other reasons as well. I personally will be having surgery done on my leg that was supposed to have been done 15 years ago, and haven't been able to have it done because of how the companies previously operated. I suspect I am far from alone.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM

148 posts, read 169,224 times
They call us bigots yet they are the ones being hateful how amusing and ironic.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
I can't wait to see some tyrant with a badge show up on my door step demanding I buy health insurance. That will be the day I tell ya. They can all go to hell because I ain't buying health insurance.

My brother said this same thing about wearing seat belts.......until he was in an accident!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
Right I am going to hide under my bed. It is my RIGHT not to buy health insurance and I don't give a **** what any communist left wing whack job president and his traitors in the senate and congress tell me I AINT BUYING ANY!
I am good with that.

Any consenting adult who refuses to buy health insurance, must pay cash up front for any healthcare-including emergency care. They also can be denied subsequent health insurance for pre-existing conditions.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM

711 posts, read 933,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If you read and agree with the Constitution it would make sense. That's not the posters failings, it's yours.
Oh that--that document that smirkin' george called just a GD piece of paper.

How convenient for you to bring the constitution up.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
http://www.truthout.org/files/images/091509R_story.jpg (broken link)

Its folks like this that are the reason that America spends so much money on healthcare in the first place.

Maybe if fatso would put down the Pork Rinds, Doritos and Twinkies then healthcare reform would be less costly.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who the f*** do you think is popping champagne?

Havent you heard, the insurance companies made out like bandits under the new H.C. bill. They didnt see all their money go anywhere, they know it, Congress knows it, and the lobbyists know it.

Americans? Not so much.
Why were you all for it then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies