Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Brewer and Sheriff Arpaio are showing the U.S the model for which EVERY state in this nation should conduct business.

Straightforward. No small mercies to illegals and criminals. This is how you get sh*t done. Congratulations to them. They are my hero's.
Yes, it's really nice to know Sheriff Arpaio believes things like this: "I'll treat misdemeanors the same as felonies"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 03:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yes, it's really nice to know Sheriff Arpaio believes things like this: "I'll treat misdemeanors the same as felonies"

Meaning what? Zero tollerance for anyone who violates the law no matter how minor the offense? How "silly" of him....

Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Meaning what? Zero tolerance for anyone who violates the law no matter how minor the offense? How "silly" of him....
No, how utterly backwards of him.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Brewer became governor because the previous governor left office to become Secretary of Homeland Security. Brewer seems scattered and weak to me. Not the kind of person that inspires confidence and competence.
You must be describing Patterson in NY.Brewer has Bigger B**ls than Obama.You're just trying to do anything to defend you're Illegal Brethren.Most people here do not comprehend your screen name.(SUR) Southern United Raza,it shows where your loyalties lie or do you dispute this?Not a personal attack just clarification.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,433 times
So nice to know that the "elected" officials were TOO LAZY to read the bill and could care less if they started a riot.
All they care about is getting elected again.
Oh I hope not.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
She is too popular to be dropped by AZ, I do hope she runs for POTUS though because she would get my vote. I love her no BS style.
Quote:
Some pundits say that if she hadn't signed the immigration bill, her campaign effectively would have been dead in the water because all her primary opponents had said they supported the legislation.
Read more: Arizona immigration law boosts Gov. Brewer's rating

Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No, how utterly backwards of him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but is it not a police officer's job to enforce the law? Should he say- well it's not a felony so let's just move on here?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You must be describing Patterson in NY.Brewer has Bigger B**ls than Obama.You're just trying to do anything to defend you're Illegal Brethren.Most people here do not comprehend your screen name.(SUR) Southern United Raza,it shows where your loyalties lie or do you dispute this?Not a personal attack just clarification.
Sur means "South" in Spanish. Estilo Sureno=Southern Style. His handle means Southern Californian (Californio is Spanish for Californian of Latin American descent).

Old 05-19-2010, 04:12 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Jan Brewer was not elected. As Secretary of State she automatically replaced Democrat Napolitano when she moved on to Washington. Let's see who's laughing on November 2, 2010.
The best move Obama ever did for AZ.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:22 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sur means "South" in Spanish. Estilo Sureno=Southern Style. His handle means Southern Californian (Californio is Spanish for Californian of Latin American descent).
Really it is also a popular thing among gang bangers in prison to have inked to their bodies to differentiate fom prison gangs from Northern California(Nortenos).You will see SUR tattooed to Gang bangers of Mexican decent in Prison Gangs and on the streets .You might want to research it a little more most of the people I've met have explined it to mean Southern United Raza and they have the unnabreviated version inked to their bodies also.http://www.knowgangs.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=1247 (broken link) http://www.policemag.com/Blog/Gangs/...d-Symbols.aspx For Obama to make jokes about Arizona picking up the slack for His failures is a serious matter and shows His lack of understanding of this issue that impacts many communities accross the Country.And this issue will be the beginning of His downfall this November.

Last edited by antarez; 05-19-2010 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: added links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies